Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cocoa Brown Interior

Windy101

I am looking at a 997.2 which is a few hundred miles from me.

The car is Silver. Meteor Grey Mettalic.

This is not something I would have chosen and I would prefer black but should I discount a car purely on this interior colour.

What are peoples opinions on this colour choice. Will it bug me every day or will I forget about it?

I know this is a personal thing but I am looking for others opinions.

Thanks.

Cocoa is lovely :thumbs:

Especially with Silver/Grey cars 8)

:thumb:

I can speak on this one. Cocoa is the most underrated interior colour for a 911. The beauty of it is that it's multifaceted dependant on ambient light. In low light conditions, it's rich and luxurious. During daylight you can see the coloured grain, giving it depth and character.
You can't go far wrong with Cocoa. It's also statistically proven that real men buy Cocoa :bandit:
If you're remotely close to MCR airport as a reference, happy to show you mine.

Reminds me of a time in prep school I was 'forced' into the school play as part of some caribbean jingle act singing Samba Ole. The garb involved gravy browning being applied to face/bare skin. What annoyed me more my chum didn't show up, preferring to stay at home watching Star Trek instead :bandit:

Cocoa is a nice colour in the right body paint - silver is OK. Does it have a black dash and wheel or is it all brown - sometimes too much for some. Selling on might limit your interest and the usual sucking of teeth by trade who say its easier getting rid of an STI than selling a brown car :roll:

Macadamia is my all time favourite colour but very few were brave enough to spec it and perhaps had an eye on residuals.

If it floats your boat, ignore all the others :thumb:

Opinions will vary greatly on this; here's mine - I wouldn't even consider a car with cocoa interior, or indeed anything other than black. I know that is boring but then again, so am I.

Zingers- on the two occasions I've looked at swapping mine for another car, both OPC's were the opposite of the tooth suckers you refer to. They were very keen on the colour combo and both stated they didn't expect the car to sit with them for long in their experience.

Sounds like a perfect combo. Love Cocoa, looks classy and understated.

I am always in favour of non-black interiors.

If you like it, buy it. Don't worry about resale.

Oxo'd up for't school play :floor:

It does seem to devide opinion as reflected in the replies.

Car has brown everything including steering wheel and dash.

As I said I would prefer black but the car fits all other criteria so am struggling to make a decision.

I like the cocoa interior a lot. One of the first 997's I short-listed as a potential purchase was GT silver/cocoa and I thought it was a great combo.

I understand it might feel like too much brown, as did my all black interior. I had the centre console re-done in galvano silver to make seat backs etc and it really lifted the interior, so you always have that option.

Also, if people can live with sand beige (did I get that right), then you shouldn't worry about re-sale of cocoa!!

Oh and finally, with the cocoa interior, you're well placed to carry out a full 'sport classic' recreation.

Go for it :thumb:

If it works for you then just go for it! You will be the one parting with the hard earned. As long as you and any 'significant other' like it then just do it! ( even if they don't, personally I would do it and suffer the flak later :floor: )

At Simply Porsche in 2017 I spent ages looking at a silver gen2 with cocoa interior the owner had broken it up by fitting OE galvarno silver door arm rests grab handles and door spears , he had also fitted galvarno instrument cowl and centre console it looked really classy, I have also seen Cocoa broken up with black steering wheel centre console armrest , gear shift gator handbook lever and floor mats. I 100% wouldn't be put off a car that had on initial glance a sea or any one colour as even black as a single colour can look a bit much . I like Cocoa and personally would buy the car and look to break the sea of cocoa up a bit with a few well chosen personal touches.
my gen2 interior was a sea of matching blue inc the steering wheel when I brought it and heres a few pics of my personalised changes hopefully to demonstrate that anything is possible, and can be done to suit your taste :thumb: :thumb:
Its more important that the car is right for you colour spec and PPI :thumb:

Attachments

• img_2267_194.jpg
    img_2267_194.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 3,687
  • img_2268_149.jpg
    img_2268_149.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 3,687
  • img_2643_111.jpg
    img_2643_111.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 3,687
  • img_2642_749.jpg
    img_2642_749.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 3,687
  • img_2647_169.jpg
    img_2647_169.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 3,687
  • img_2219_196.jpg
    img_2219_196.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 3,687
Phil 997 said:
At Simply Porsche in 2017 I spent ages looking at a silver gen2 with cocoa interior the owner had broken it up by fitting OE galvarno silver door arm rests grab handles and door spears , he had also fitted galvarno instrument cowl and centre console it looked really classy, I have also seen Cocoa broken up with black steering wheel centre console armrest , gear shift gator handbook lever and floor mats. I 100% wouldn't be put off a car that had on initial glance a sea or any one colour as even black as a single colour can look a bit much . I like Cocoa and personally would buy the car and look to break the sea of cocoa up a bit with a few well chosen personal touches.
my gen2 interior was a sea of matching blue inc the steering wheel when I brought it and heres a few pics of my personalised changes hopefully to demonstrate that anything is possible, and can be done to suit your taste :thumb: :thumb:
Its more important that the car is right for you colour spec and PPI :thumb:

That does help I think.

I must say FZP's interior is beautiful, especially againt the Silver.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back