Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Custom TVR

Gazc2

Magny-Cours

Attachments

• tvr1_145.jpg
    tvr1_145.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 6,024
  • tvr_4_999.jpg
    tvr_4_999.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 6,024
  • tvr3_731.jpg
    tvr3_731.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 6,024
I am a huge TVR fan but don't yet have the balls to buy one.

I saw this on eBay recently and seems good value to me. I don't have a garage so it would have to live on the drive for me.

I was initially looking at T350s... :D

Just buy the T350 Ben. (Or a Tamora if you want the roof off)

I was originally in the market for a Griffith (which shares its chassis with the Chim under discussion) but got myself a "T-Car" having driven both. the griff feels very primitive by comparison, the Tamora feels so much more nimble, sporty and doesn't have the scuttle shake.
Prices are continually rising for all TVR models, not certain that would apply for such an extensively modified one like this tho.
I'll bet its still a hoot to drive!
:thumb:

I spotted this abandoned in a driveway near a job I was doing a few weeks ago.
I put a note through the door... well you never know do you :mrgreen:

brownspeed said:
Just buy the T350 Ben. (Or a Tamora if you want the roof off)

I was originally in the market for a Griffith (which shares its chassis with the Chim under discussion) but got myself a "T-Car" having driven both. the griff feels very primitive by comparison, the Tamora feels so much more nimble, sporty and doesn't have the scuttle shake.
Prices are continually rising for all TVR models, not certain that would apply for such an extensively modified one like this tho.
I'll bet its still a hoot to drive!
:thumb:

The Porsche would have to go for me to get a TVR right now and I'm not prepared to do that. Secondly, I don't have a garage so it would have to sleep on the drive.

Within 3-5 years I will hopefully be in a house with a double garage with a Porsche and TVR inside it.

I had a Chimaera for just over a year; it was utterly brilliant and, while completely different than a 911, it was the only other car that gave me the "over the shoulder" feeling. I loved every second of driving it and had a tear in my eye when i sold it.

For my part its a total fallacy about them 'always braking down' (a bit like the IMS issue for the 996). Mine only ever let me down once when a fuse went on the immobiliser while i was on Tescos car park in Worcester.

Other than that it fired up first time, every time...

I'd have one again in a heartbeat... :thumb:

Though not sure about the one above; the wheels look all wrong on it for me...

Osh

My Dad has a Chimera and it's unbelievably fun to drive - a bit like a grown up MX5 really! Surprising how light it feels

I have a TVR Chimaera 4.5L and 997 C4S.

They are not quite (but almost) chalk and cheese.

The TVR is very loud, very fast and really quite scary when you want it to be. 4.5L engine at the front, traction at the back, 1000kg total weight... you do the maths. :?:

Build quality varies enormously, although the only time mine failed was when the Bosch starter motor failed. You can certainly get 'Friday' cars though.

997, as most of you know, is much more refined, definitely quieter and more relaxed.

My 997 has cost more in 18 months of ownership than the Chimaera has over the last 5 years. Luckily the warrantee picked up most of it including the new gearbox.

Whisper it, but I think the TVR is faster - certainly in a straight line, in the dry. Round bends not sure - probably depends on your skill behind the wheel.

I drive the 997 every day and the TVR on sunny days - last year I put 1000 miles on the TVR and about 8k on the 997. Which tells you which I prefer for normal driving, and which for a rare blast.

Mind you, both have (for different reasons) rubbish stereos.

Rich

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back