Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

924 owner saying hello

russmw

Hi,

Having registered to reply to another thread it seems rude to not say hello.

I've had my 924 for 5 years after a spur of the moment Ebay purchase. Even though it had tax and MOT the car had clearly been neglected for some time so over the last 5 years I've pulled most of the car apart and cleaned or replaced\upgraded everything along the way. Now looking respectable and fun to drive :D

Photo from the PCGB Porsche at Christmas event last weekend.

Russell

Attachments

• 47686273_1963539077086346_2965443625309175808_o_856.jpg
    47686273_1963539077086346_2965443625309175808_o_856.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 12,403
:welcome: to 911uk Russell.

There's a few of us on here that have/have had a 924.

I can't believe I sold mine 31 years ago. :eek:

:welcome:

Saw that on FB :worship:

I also had a 924 22 years ago 8)

:thumb:

Welcome along Russell.The 924 is a cracking car and yours looks lovely.

Welcome. Car looks lovely. As a fellow 924 owner too I appreciate the hard work you must have put into getting it to look so great. Love the paintwork by the way! :D

Hi, cracking 924 you've sorted there lovely job , years ago my best mate had a midnight blue one & I drove it for a while, they're great to drive & handle really nice & predictable from memory. Still like them nowadays. :thumb:

Cheers everyone for the welcome 👍

The cars alpine white from factory but I fancied a change so vinyl wrapped the bottom half red as per the turbo two tone factory option. A few weeks locked away in the garage with a hairdryer and a few rolls of red vinyl gave the desired effect.

Totally reversible so I can put it back to factory which is important. Anything mechanical that's come off have also been polished to its a bit "blingy" under the bonnet.

Great to drive when I get the chance and makes the daily 3 series a bit dull/disconnected! Next outing in January for Bicester Sunday scramble.

Welcome! - 944 owner here, and used to have an alpine white one, would really like another white one some day :)

Yes, warm welcome from another 924 owner (just keeping it warm you understand, for my son!). They're such a simple pleasure to drive and maintain. Enjoy.

Cheers everyone. I'm really impressed with the forum here, good to see it busy and not dying due to social media as per most other forums.

Few other pics - I've had moment when taking parts off that are aluminium and thinking 'that'll polish up well' which gets strangely addictive.

Attachments

• general_shot_577.jpg
    general_shot_577.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 12,110
russmw said:
good to see it busy and not dying due to social media as per most other forums

Have you seen the bollox people chat on FB...Long live 911uk :judge:

kneelsuckers.gif

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members