Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 targa a pillar trim removal

knw911

Silverstone
hi guys. i want to retrim the A pillars of my car. any instructions or guides around on how to remove the trim.

many thanks

Go here ..

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=83491

Download body interior and theres a section on how to remove.

You have to remove the B pillar trim first and the A pillar trim is actually only held on by clips .. once the top part is loose you pull the trim up and towards you to get it out of the base bracket .

To be honest .. 2 problems .. getting the seat belt high adjuster off .. its a case of a small screwdriver trying to bend the tabs behind it out and a plastic trim tool to lever at the base .

Ive done rather a lot of these on a Targa and it can still be a pain .. if it falls appart then no big deal .. i can tell you how to reasemble it though .

Second is actually removeing and reinstalling the A post trim .. there are certain angles you need to pull at it or use a trim tool .. its not a huge problem but when you havent done one before then it can be a little tricky ..

Again i can always explain it via a phone call if needed .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back