Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Remote Locking Issue

½cwt

My Boxster lives outside and as I'm working away a lot at the moment I'm only getting into it every couple of weeks. However I've noted that the key will not activate the central locking the first time I try. Also the car has a half cover on it partly held in place by the doors and boot lid so it is a race to unlock it pop the boot to release the cover to open the door enough to the get the key in the ignition before the alarm triggers.

As soon as I've done it once the key then operates the locking fine as if nothing was ever wrong. Also all the electrics come on fine and the engine cranks over well on first start so doesn't seem battery related.

Any ideas? :?:

That's normal. Unlock and lock with the key will wake it. Just lift the handle works on 9x7 cars.

It's a power-saving feature. Activates after about a week.

Yup ..... perhaps one should read the driver's manual where all is explained ....... :lol:

That assumes a 20 year old car still has it's driver's manual....

Thanks. Have found them for sale at breakers but more important things on the car to spend the £65 on. BI do have the service book and other records, oh and the stereo handbook but have swapped out this already.

BTW, who said copyright...?

I read the manual but unless it is written elsewhere I couldn't find anything in the remote locking/alarm section that says it goes into a 'sleep' mode after a period of time.

Either way, a good excuse to keep taking it for a spin. :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back