Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Geneva Motor Show 2019

HSC911

As it's my birthday today...hint hint all... :grin:

40th by the way...hint hint again... :birthday:

Thanks in advance :thumb:

My wife has bought me and my boy, aged 6, flights and accommodation for the 8th/9th March.

Any tips on what to do/not to do etc etc :dont know:

Anyone going more importantly :?:

TIA :thumb:

Happy birth/yesterday :) :shooter:

can't help you with Geneva :dont know:

SUPER GIFT well done wife :thumb: , do not forget to add some pictures...

77szymon said:
SUPER GIFT well done wife :thumb: , do not forget to add some pictures...

She made me delete them all from my phone... :sad:

OH!!! You mean of the show :?:

:grin:

:floor:

Hi all, happy Sunday :thumbs:

Will be out in the car later as I have to take the kids to Northampton so :bye: if you see me :D

Is it best to buy tickets now or at the show on the day :dont know:

Anyone else going :weed:

We (me and 3 mates) fly out on Friday 15 March, show Saturday, fly back Sunday.

This will be our 10th year whilst we enjoy the show, we normally only do 1 day, its a chance to catch up with 3 mates who live in different parts of Europe, eat good food and have a beer or 2...

Tips

Geneva is expensive and will be busy for the show so may be worth booking restaurants if you want to eat somewhere specific.

The public transport system is excellent and normally hotels provide free travel cards for the duration of your stay.

Decide what you want to see at the show as its normally packed and you won't see it all in 1 day, travel light as its quite warm in the halls even if its freezing outside.

Buy tickets online before you go print at home. You can gain access after 4pm at a discounted rate, usually a bit quieter too.

Don't go into any watch shops in Geneva - You WILL buy one, trust me i know!

Above all enjoy the experience.

I'm hoping to be there

We normally fly in on the day and then spend a few days at my mates place in morzine over the French border :thumb:

We fly in about 8/9am on Saturday 8th. Fly back 3pm Sunday 9th.

I hope it's not too busy but if it is then so be it, I'll carry him on my shoulders if I have to.

Would be great to meet up with any 911uk'ers...before bedtime :grin:

:thumb:

HSC911.......check your tickets......

I'm flying in on FRIDAY 8th March around 10.00am and staying overnight at an airport hotel, leaving 2.00pm on SATURDAY 9th March......

Hope to see you there.......you can buy me a beer for your birthday! :grin:

Will check when I get home, we have EasyJet flights to/from Luton :thumb:

We arrive at the Airport on Saturday at 08:35 :thumbs:

Probably dump our stuff at the Holiday Inn Geneva airport then make our way to the show :dont know:

:thumb:

OK Saturday is the 9th March (you said 8th earlier, thought you'd got your days mixed up). I arrive on Friday 8th.
I'll still be there for the morning session on Sat 9th but fly back in the early afternoon.

You say "we", should I look out for a handsome man with an ankle biter ? :grin: Or are you attending with your good lady?

HSC911 said:
My wife has bought me and my boy, aged 6, flights and accommodation for the 8th/9th March.

If you're flying in on Saturday 9th you'd better double-check your hotel dates as well. :eh!:

T8 said:
If you're flying in on Saturday 9th you'd better double-check your hotel dates as well. :eh!:

Wife booked it so I am sure that it's probably wrong :frustrated:

:grin:

Getting my trips mixed up as my cousin and I are off to Stuttgart FRIDAY 8th Feb...
Doh2.gif

Porschekit said:
You say "we", should I look out for a handsome man with an ankle biter ? :grin: Or are you attending with your good lady?

Me & my lad (6) are going, see you Saturday :thumb:

Belated Happy Birthday :cheers:

Enjoy the show and hope you meet up with some of the 911UK lot when you're there. Sounds a fab trip and look forward to lots of pics :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back