Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Museum visit last week

peterzoom

Spa-Francorchamps
I enjoyed myself very much and spent a leisurely 3 hours before heading back downstairs for a coffee and the obligatory visit to the shop.
While I was drinking my coffee a family entered the building (Mum/Dad/3 teen children) and bought their tickets and picked up the audio tour headsets before heading upstairs.
Literally 5 minutes later they appeared back downstairs and headed to the shop. I was done with my refreshment and headed into the retail heaven myself.
To my utter amazement I witnessed a shopping spree that really did look like some kind of 'supermarket sweep" gameshow. They almost cleared the shelves :eek:
In fact, despite even buying a number of bags and cases which were used to load their purchases into they had the staff rushing about looking for more carrier bags.
When I met up with my wife later on at the Christmas market in Stuttgart, she was berating me about the book and mug I had bought on the grounds that I already had more than enough "Porsche stuff". Really?? how is that possible in the light of the Olympic shopping I had witnessed, so unfair :D

:floor:

I'm guessing wife is a Porsche maniac and husband is more in to Stuttgart christmas market.... :grin:

Were they Russians ....... prices are not that cheap in the Stuttgart Museum shop ....... :?:

I think that they were Russian but largely they chatted in American English with an Eastern European flavour, so hard to pin their nationality down.

I was genuinely amazed that the big draw was the shop and not the museum and displays, so much of the merchandise is available through OPC's anyway
:eh!:

I really enjoyed my time at the museum mainly through the motorsport warhorses on display but I can see that if you are not generally wowed by static displays it might be a brisk 90 minute walk round. I loved being up close to so many racing legends.

One really odd description of Derek Bell did jar with me though where the text described him as "not the fastest but a safe pair of hands" :dont know: :dont know: Talk about being dammed by faint praise! He really deserves much, much better than that from Porsche.

Peter this is for you :grin: :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• photo_2018_11_30_11_32_30_602.jpg
    photo_2018_11_30_11_32_30_602.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 3,942
That's funny but to be fair I started badly!

Attachments

• 6bde0b3c596000a57083427405ee613b_535.jpg
    6bde0b3c596000a57083427405ee613b_535.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 3,924
:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: thats funny as well :thumb: :thumb:

:D those are funny :grin:

but how about later in marriage:

Wife- hey honey today is our anniversary, have you got surprise for me? Yes my love just take a look thru the window, do you see that brand new black Porsche 911 parked opposite your car?

Wife- YES it is beautiful I love that deep black.

Husband- I'm so glad you like it as I have bought you pantyhose in the same colour.

What's pantyhose and what two parts of the cooling system does it connect? :dont know:

Sarfend said:
What's pantyhose and what two parts of the cooling system does it connect? :dont know:

:floor: :floor: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back