Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Door Unlocking Problem - 958 Cayenne

Pops

Monza
My 2013 958 Cayenne has recently developed a problem where the offside rear door fails to open from the outside and has to be opened from the inside. Once it has been opened from the inside it is then fine until the next time it is locked and unlocked, at which point the problem repeats itself!

Anyone experienced this issue / have a solution?

Thanks.

sounds like the spring to the door lock actuator has come detached, a problem that can occur

it's solved by taking the door apart and refitting the lock barrel and actuator

there a handful of screws and it would take 5-10 mins to take apart and then out back together

the only video of taking the door apart I've seen is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdt4XCuMIp8

KG2A3N4JYWK2RWTEJW9Z.gif

Already answered but ill just add we have done 3 of these in the last few weeks .. one was the door handle so no.10 on the list and the other 2 were both the lock mechanism .. so no. 11

Its a VW part so pretty cheap by Porsche standards and i would lean towards it being that from the ones we have seen recently . .

Thanks chaps! :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back