Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2013 958 Rear light removal

baldguy

Hi all,

Can anyone enlighten me on how to change the inner tailgate lights and the outer rear lights please as I've secured an OEM set of the smoked ones.

Cheers!

Tutorials are on YouTube - Google is your friend.

Drop me a link if you would then sir as I cant find anything other than the early cayenne....

M

Drop "cayenne 958 inner tail light removal" into the search bar of Google.
The first example shown is dated Jan 2018.

yep... seen that many times as the outers are easy...Nothing for the inners on the tailgate unless you're gonna prove me wrong...

Yep, see your point. I had a dig around and ran down similar blind alleys as yourself no doubt.
Sorry for the late reply, I was too busy getting caught up with life. Hopefully someone may chime in with a gem or two. :dont know:

How to remove the outer/Inner Cayenne 958 tail lamps/lights

So..... For those that may want to change their 958 Cayenne tail lights to the smoked ones, this is how you do it....

The outers are easy, simply raise the boot lid, there is a small black cover on the end of the lamp. with a plastic pry tool gently remove these.
you'll then see 2 torx screws - undo and wiggle the lamp free, on the other end of the lamp is a ball and cup design push fit so just needs a bit of wiggling to get loose

The wiring loom is a simple plug to be removed

The inners are a whole different ball game...... grab a Tea/Coffee/Vino/Beer and read on.....

With the tailgate lifted, you now need to remove the trim on the boot lid, there are a number of torx screws, removal of handles etc and pull...

Remove 2 torx screws from the handle on the LHS
Pry out the light and unplug the loom
Pry out gently the electric button for boot closure on the RHS and unplug
Remove the single torx screw within that plastic part
Pry out the light and unplug the loom

Open the warning triangle flap and remove triangle
There are 2 more torx screws either end on each webbing strap to remove

Once all this has been done its simply a matter of gently pulling the trim from the boot lid... You can't break any clips as they are decent metal clips unlike what other manufacturers use.

Once removed - You'll see each inner lamp is secured to the lid by 2 nuts. remove these being careful to hold the lamp so it doesn't fall out
Remove the loom.

Fit new lamps and before you refit the tailgate trim make sure all lights work, including brake, fog and reverse lights. so you'll need a mate/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend to assist...

It took me 40mins from start to finish

To put all back together read this from the bottom upwards....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back