Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DME stored codes - how to clear?

drabux

I have a number of stored codes relating to the O2 sensors. These sensors have now been replaced but the codes are still stored in the memory and I cannot clear them with my Abrities. Do they self clear after a time? If so, how does this happen? Is it a certain number of engine starts? Would disconnecting the battery clear the stored codes?
Thanks!
Alan

The fault codes are normally cleared useing a fault code reader .. the only reason they wouldn,t clear would be if they are permanent codes .. which as a lambda sensor fault can only be triggered whilst the engine is running then i have to assume its your tester ... or perhaps its not the sensors but a running / cat problem .

Lambda sensor codes will eventually clear but it will take a while .. from memory its something like 40 warm up cycles .

If you dont have an eml on then i wouldn,t worry about it .. i see many fault codes that are not a problem and the customer is none the wiser unless i tell them about the codes .. and i only do so if theres an actual problem.

Disconnecting a battery will not clear fault codes .. it will actually add them as different systems will report communication faults .. thats how i tell if a battery has gone flat or been replaced !

I have been trying to sell it and an inspection revealed these codes (nothing showing on the dash) and it put the buyer off despite my assurances and evidence that the pre-cat sensors had just been replaced. So getting rid of the codes would be very helpful...

If your tester wont clear them then the cheapest option is to get an Indy to do it for you ... its a quick job which they may not even bother chargeing for .. but if the codes come back then there is a fault .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back