Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S Engine Mounts

Gribbo

Trainee
Afternoon all

Please be gentle as this is my first post.

I need to replace the engine mounts, just wondering if anyone has any experience using non standard/aftermarket mounts against original equipment and tips on fitting them (looks fairly straight forward from what I can see on the web)

Thanks in advance.

I am a newbie too, did mine about 3 weeks ago. Replaced them with the 964 RS mounts from https://type911shop.co.uk/epages/de...ca1-377e-432e-84fd-bdccf2206766/Products/9792

Took about 45 minutes in all, there are a few places with instructions online, I used https://www.pelicanparts.com/techar...cement/10-ENGINE-Engine_Mount_Replacement.htm

My main tips were:
a) give the nuts underneath a good dose of penetrating spray before you start, then grab a cup of tea
b) make sure you have an appropriate length extension bar to get up to the nut underneath and still clear the bumper, with room for a good length breaker bar.
c) I made sure I could get both sides to crack free before doing the first side properly (didn't want to get halfway through and find one wouldn't come off), actually mine didn't seem to bad to get off
d) it is surprising how much you have to jack the engine up, you should expect to see the exhaust tips on both sides move up to the bumper if the current mounts are knackered. If you have jacked it up enough the tips will start dropping as you release the nut underneath.
e) don't assume that if the exhaust tips are uneven it means you haven't got everything nice and secure. It looks like mine were adjusted to be even when one side had gone, once they were both renewed they were wonky again!!

Made a huge difference to the feel of the rear of the car. With the RS mounts there is some additional NVH into the car, but I am very happy with it.

I found the hardest bit was working out how to get the plug for the MAF sensor off!

I started on mine today, defo need a good breaker bar. The first one came off ok the other one was solid and the threaded rod unscrewed instead of the nut. Recommend giving them a good spray the day before you start. New ones going in :D

Attachments

• wp_20181201_005_121.jpg
    wp_20181201_005_121.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 2,723
Think mine had seen better days...

Attachments

• wp_20181201_012_107.jpg
    wp_20181201_012_107.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 2,696

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads