Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 prices

FZP

A few months back I was searching through AutoTrader, as you do, and was admiring a couple of nice 991's in the mid to low 50's. It made me ask how long before we see the first 991s drop below £50k. After that search, I hadn't looked at any non GT 991's until today.
Now the question that needs to be asked, when will we see the first 991's in the £30's :dont know:
A quick search shows a number of 991's in both base and S guise in the mid to high £40's, albeit with higher mileage than would be otherwise desired.
Those price points make one hell of a case for serious consideration. The technology is now proven as generally reliable and no more expensive to maintain your run of the mill Eurobarges. What's not to like :dont know:

I was looking at a nice red 997.2 C2 at Dove House.
It's up at 40k.
I then looked at 991's and think its reasonable to pick a nice one up for 43-45k. Looks like the red 991 C2 which was up as a private sale for 44999 has now been bought by Ashgoods now up at 47995k.
After seeing these prices on 991's It made the 997.2 look pricey.
Think the 991 is a cracking car for the money now being asked!

FZP said:
A few months back I was searching through AutoTrader, as you do, and was admiring a couple of nice 991's in the mid to low 50's. It made me ask how long before we see the first 991s drop below £50k. After that search, I hadn't looked at any non GT 991's until today.
Now the question that needs to be asked, when will we see the first 991's in the £30's :dont know:
A quick search shows a number of 991's in both base and S guise in the mid to high £40's, albeit with higher mileage than would be otherwise desired.
Those price points make one hell of a case for serious consideration. The technology is now proven as generally reliable and no more expensive to maintain your run of the mill Eurobarges. What's not to like :dont know:

997.2 v 991? As poacher turned gamekeeper the 991 wins on all counts by a knockout (except nostalgia on the 997's part) 👍

Good debate
Iam qualified and experienced to answere,had my 997 2cs for nearly five years and 45k mileage of unblemished reliability,performance and enjoyment.
Had now my 991 Carrera for nearly two years and 10k mileage.
The 991 is a tottally different car,with all mod cons,comfort and refinement.
We did 3k European trip last year it was such a pleasure in the 991.
Our car has not dropped in price since we purchased,may be the wait for the 992 is a factor but hey didn't purchase for the re-sale value.
Back to debate the 991 is looking very seductive against the 997, but both cars no matter what are value for money and a true sports car experience. :thumb:

A decent low mileage car with good spec is £60k plus, I've been looking for months and still can't find the right car!

I feel at the moment they are very colour / spec critical, sometimes £10k difference and at OPC's.

The search continues......

I wouldnt mind a non S 3.4. Out of the cheaper ones on autotrader the white one at GC motors with 37000 miles at 48.5k looks the pick to me. Nice car for the cash. However i understand if it needs to be an S model from OPC you are looking at several k more!

I admit to being baffled by asking prices for Porsche 911's, they seem to be all over the place (always remembering that asking price differs from the final deal that is done).
You've got Gen 1 997 cars with (allegedly) chocolate engines priced anywhere between mid teens up to £30k.
Then there's 993 cars that everyone says are a money pit advertised from mid twenties to big, big numbers.
GTS and turbo cars seem to command a huge premium over Carreras and yet I see loads advertised suggesting they're over priced.
And now 991 cars are dropping into 997 Gen 2 territory. Some say the 991 is a much better car, others say they are completely different in character - so will Gen 2 prices drop, or is it two distinct markets?

I suppose the best answer is to enjoy what you've got, not waste energy on chopping and changing. Maybe........... :what:

The cross-over in values of 997s and 991s is starting to appear more evident BUT it's important to compare like-for-like. ie a 2 to a 2, a 2S to a 2S etc.

If you do that you can see that it's more age and/or mileage that is the difference. At the moment comparable 991 versions are still a fair % more expensive than a 997 in the same way that Gen1 997 v Gen2 997s differ.

At the end of the day they're all 911 Carreras so you'll always pay more for the newer car if everything else (supplier, mileage, history etc) is similar.

jimmy p said:
I was looking at a nice red 997.2 C2 at Dove House. It's up at 40k.

I then looked at 991's and ........ the red 991 C2 which was up as a private sale for 44999 has now been bought by Ashgoods now up at 47995k.

After seeing these prices on 991's It made the 997.2 look pricey.

£8k less for a 3 year older car but with 18k less miles seems about right to me. Both look good value for money for what they are.

The most amazing thing to me is that nowadays an 8 year old entry level 911 costs £40k. In 2009 you'd have picked up the equivalent 2001 car for £21k.

jon911 said:
The 991 is a tottally different car,with all mod cons,comfort and refinement

I knew it, they've gone and turned it into a Grand Tourer :sad:

:grin:

I love my 997.2 but like the 991 too & maybe when times right might change to one,
I have a feeling that both these cars will be desirable as time passes for several reasons & reliability, also they are normally aspirated larger engines.

I don't want a small engine in my Porsche with turbo`s & battery's etc, plus I've decided the 992 is too futuristic looking for me, just not beautiful or shapely enough :nooo:

HSC911 said:
jon911 said:
The 991 is a tottally different car,with all mod cons,comfort and refinement

I knew it, they've gone and turned it into a Grand Tourer :sad:

:grin:

That in a round about way sums it up :thumb:

As the 992 is now launched, let the flooding of 991's onto the market commence. Bargains to be had.

FZP said:
As the 992 is now launched, let the flooding of 991's onto the market commence. Bargains to be had.

:hand: :hand: :hand: The small turbos will just increase NA 991 prices :thumb:

It is hard to imagine a world where 997.2 values are higher than the 991, however 993 values are higher than the 996, 997 and some 991s. Logic often doesn't come into it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back