Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust Tips Shims...

TBE997

Monza
Anyone know where I can get a replacement for the Porsche Exhaust Tip Shims? Don't want to buy a set of new tips as OPC don't sell them separately.

I went through the search function etc, but doesn't look like someone has found anything yet.

I hope i am not the only one that broke them when taking the tips off (they were a little corroded!)

DOSop9B.jpg

they nearly always are broken in 3 pieces , there was a guy getting some made but the engineer doing it was so bloody slow the guys gave up , one member fabricated himself a set that looked ok and did the job have a look in threads in the 997 and 996 section over the past couple of months . :thumb: I will happily pm you the original guys details and see if he has moved forward at all with getting some of these made , not sure why its so slow as several Indies had showed interest in buying a few sets as well as its a very common issue . :thumb:

Removed my tips recently, and as like many broke the rings getting them off.

Looked at lots of different options but eventually went with the old broken ones. I put the tips back on and tightened them up, then put the broken rings back in (from the outside in) they were a little tight so gently persuasion with a hammer and screwdriver on the edges of the shims did the trick.

You can try jubilee clips to the same size and cut to length then shape it round, ive done that and worked then i was offered a set of gen 2 tail pipes for £90 and bought them...

Cheers

J

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back