Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Life after 996 c4s...

mr gill

Monza
Well I did it last month, I sold my c4s for a grand more than I paid for it in 2012 (result!) it was an emotional day saying goodbye to a car that had never let me down in 6.5 years and 30k miles of driving. I replaced her with an Audi R8 V8, and what a masterpiece of engineering! In my opinion it beats the 911 in every way, it's just so solid in comparison. It's feels like a sports/GT crossover, much faster and more refined.
Now the not so good points.... it's just too good a what it does, it feels too clinical, it's not loud enough and oddly it loses rear grip way before the 911 would? But maybe that's because it has 100bhp more?
My ultimate goal was to own a 991, but after this car I just can't se it being as good, maybe I need to test drive one....

You've got to remember, your 996 was pushing up to 20 year old technology and a lot has happened since then. I bet the difference between your C4S and a 991 is night and day.

Nice move with the R8 though. Nice looking motor. :thumbs:

Yeah it's a great looking car, maybe not iconic yet but who know what the future holds. The Le Mans Quattro debuted in 2003 so I bet there is less than 10 years between them in reality, but yeah I am interested to see how good a 991 is...

Nice car, my friend had a V10 for while and loved it. I hear what your saying though, always felt a bit too clinical.
I love my Audi's but have never actually gotten that excited by the R8, don't know why though. Has it had a carbon clean recently? Many of the V8's, (in the B7 RS4 anyway) don't make near factory power as the heads gets coaked up. Often closer to 360-380bhp. Give MRC Tuning a shout on that.

engine over the rear always help with grip and traction.

R8 is mid engined so going to be a bit more lively on the edge but will break away sooner.

I do like them though and the V10 is a cracking car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back