Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted and exhaust sound...

BigLion

Hello

I just wanted to check, I had a 997 gen 2 previously and I was very disappointed with the exhaust sound, even after modifying the exhaust with sharkwerks (from memory?) - my question is does the 991.1 PSE sound more like the 997.1 or is it more like the 997.2?

Also I'm in the market for a black / white gen 1 C2s (PDK) - if anyone is thinking of selling please let me know.

Thank you :)

My C2 PDK doesn't have PSE, but I did have a C2S PDK with PSE for a week, its more like 997.2 than 997.1, but its better than both IMO. In sport/sport plus modes there are more crackles and pops, there is a sound symposer so more sound (albeit synthetic) comes into the car, it all sounded quite "supercar" compared to the 997.2 with PSE and bypass I had at the time.

When I first heard a 991.1 with PSE it sounded great. You have to wonder what they were thinking with the. 997.2. I've driven 981s that also sound good.

Possibly a car with PSE in Sport or SportPlus mode, it's got the overrun pops and gurgles that combination would provoke, but can't be absolutely sure, that does sound very fruity.

BigLion said:
Thank you for all the responses :thumb:

Does this 991 sound like one with PSE?

https://youtu.be/YFTmCPqssRg

Ah proper colour that!! Seen that car (or it's twin!) in Vienna area a few times :worship:

Regarding the exhaust noise in the cabin on a 991: I thought it wasn't supposed to be 'fake' on the 991 (as it is on so many cars now) but was in fact piped into the cabin from the engine?? :?: :?:

Yes, I think you're right, it's not electronically produced sound, I believe it's a diaphragm that lets engine intake related noise into the cabin, but not gases.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back