Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

981 vs 981 s question with a twist

crispostorko

Coming from a V8 with Quattro, i'm not interested in traffic light grand prix's anymore. Especially since the roads in the UK are in such st shape.

I'm buying a Porsche because it's a Porsche.. it looks and feels nice to drive. As you've probably guessed I don't do track days either.

So the only issue in a 981 vs a 981 S is the sound. Is there much difference between the two? One being a bigger engine.

And extra question.. is PES worth it?? Seems like a gimmick.

I think that you mean PSE....

Personally, I think that it is worth it - you can burble around town or make it sound great on the twisty bits

PSE is good, I wouldn't be without it. That said, you can always whack on an aftermarket exhaust if you want to change things up. Some, like the ones Topgear offer still have the switchable aspect.

Having recently bought a 981 S I can say that whilst it sounds good standard, it sounds amazing with the PSE which I have just had fitted.

My Boxster 981S is in the OPC today, having the roof seal fixed - they have given me a Boxster 718 GTS as a loaner for the day.

First impression are that it is a really nice bit of kit - I know the purists don't like the engine noise, but I just find it 'different' - bit more bassy than the PSE on the 981S. Goes really well, and there is very little turbo lag.

Also like the multi-function steering wheel, with everything to hand, although it seems a little slimmer than my wheel.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back