Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 19
997 : 2004- 92
996 : 1997-2005 44
993 : 1993-1998 5
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 3
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 14
Cayman : 2005- 17
Cayenne : 2003- 8
Macan : 2014- 0
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

HSC911
Zolder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyC911 wrote:
Rr1 wrote:
Tried looking for copper wheels with no success. Do you know who so i can see what it looks like?

This one I think... Black Copper Ruger Mesh:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=130459

Thumb

arthouse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rr1 wrote:
here you go....

probably not everyone's cup of tea but i am well pleased

Looking good mate! Mr. Green

What was your previous car and how are you finding the Carrera?

911TEL
Barcelona

2011 Porsche 997 Turbo S

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rr1 wrote:
not 100% on the wheels, quite happy with them at the moment.

i am looking at paint correction at the moment because although the previous owner looked after it there are a lot of swirls and general imperfections. i have been quoted £850 for a full 4 day paint correct and ceramic quote. once it looks tip top i can consider the wheels but think they will stay

Looks great ....

Basalt Black or Jet Black ?

Either way , the black wheels are better than silver... I do like the Copper Wheels , you can see a few over on Rennlist ... the lads from over the pond seem to like that combo and are no as reserved as us Brits ...
Brompton S2L Black edition

Rr1
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arthouse wrote:
Rr1 wrote:
here you go....

probably not everyone's cup of tea but i am well pleased

Looking good mate! Mr. Green

What was your previous car and how are you finding the Carrera?

We have a Q5 and a golf. This is the first sports car and always had sensible cars especially with the kids for the last 4 years.

Really enjoying it and completely different to anything I have ever driven.

Rr1
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

911TEL wrote:
Rr1 wrote:

i am looking at paint correction at the moment because although the previous owner looked after it there are a lot of swirls and general imperfections. i have been quoted £850 for a full 4 day paint correct and ceramic quote. once it looks tip top i can consider the wheels but think they will stay

Looks great ....

Either way , the black wheels are better than silver... I do like the Copper Wheels , you can see a few over on Rennlist ... the lads from over the pond seem to like that combo and are no as reserved as us Brits ...

It is basalt black. I think once I have had it detailed I will decide on the wheels

911TEL
Barcelona

2011 Porsche 997 Turbo S

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rr1 wrote:
911TEL wrote:
Rr1 wrote:

Looks great ....

It is basalt black. I think once I have had it detailed I will decide on the wheels

Good plan , I had my Turbo S done with Gyeon Mhos ceramic ... what a difference ....

dirt hardly sticks to it initially , then when washing it , the crud flows off the suds hardly stick but its so much easier to clean then looks the dogs straightaway afterwards ...

I use a water filter open hose to rinse off, so once that's done , no toweling or chamois touches the car .... recommend the ceramic ..

your car looks great ....
There is a set of Oz Allergeritas on sale in the Wheels section you know ??
take a look ..

Rr1
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to stick with approved Porsche wheels as I have the OPC warranty and want to continue to do so. I certainly don’t hate the wheels and if anything would consider a colour change but not a complete change of wheels for now

911TEL
Barcelona

2011 Porsche 997 Turbo S

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rr1 wrote:
Have to stick with approved Porsche wheels as I have the OPC warranty and want to continue to do so. I certainly don’t hate the wheels and if anything would consider a colour change but not a complete change of wheels for now

Good point, if you are looking for a change later , keep an eye on here as there are often wheelsets up for sale , also enquire to ' Chris at Excel wheels' on here ..... I've heard of great sets sold to the lads on here ...

in the meantime the wheels on your car already looks good ....

Rr1
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

911TEL wrote:
Rr1 wrote:
911TEL wrote:
Rr1 wrote:

Looks great ....

Good plan , I had my Turbo S done with Gyeon Mhos ceramic ... what a difference ....

dirt hardly sticks to it initially , then when washing it , the crud flows off the suds hardly stick but its so much easier to clean then looks the dogs straightaway afterwards ...

I use a water filter open hose to rinse off, so once that's done , no toweling or chamois touches the car .... recommend the ceramic ..

take a look ..

My only concern was with a black car that obviously after the paint correction and ceramic it will look amazing but after a few miles or some rain it will not be noticeable. Quote was for £850 and want to make sure it’s money well spent? Thoughts....

James M-S
Hockenheim

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid £500 for 2 stage machine polish and gtechniq exo & csl. 2 years ago.

Garaged but Used daily (except when salt is on roads). Washed every week.

Still beads like crazy and has a really nice shine. Weekly wash very quick as dirt drops off.

It’s money well spent.

Not bulletproof though, you still need good was/dry technique as you can get micro swirls.

spongebob squarepants
Reims

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rr1 wrote:
911TEL wrote:
Rr1 wrote:
911TEL wrote:
Rr1 wrote:

Looks great ....

take a look ..

My only concern was with a black car that obviously after the paint correction and ceramic it will look amazing but after a few miles or some rain it will not be noticeable. Quote was for £850 and want to make sure it’s money well spent? Thoughts....

Worth it and 100% neccesary on a black car Thumb But god you'll need to be careful afterwards Laughing

991 C2S X51 powerkit PDK in racing yellow, PCCB, PDCC, PSE, Sports design kit, ducktail.
EX 997.2 Carrera 4S PDK
EX 997.2 Carrera S PDK
EX 993 C2 manual in guards red
EX 997 C2 gen 2 PDK
EX 993 Targa
EX 993 Carrera 4 manual
EX 996 3.4 Cabriolet

resigner
Suzuka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, I hate black wheels (each to their own) as I live just in Hertfordshire, on the Herts/Essex border, so see way way way to many white range rover evoques with black wheels which look awful, but now know I hate copper wheels even more. Just say attention seeking nutter to me, but have what you like! I love my standard wheels, and I am black on black as well Smile different wheels though...
as I

911TEL
Barcelona

2011 Porsche 997 Turbo S

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rr1 wrote:
911TEL wrote:
Rr1 wrote:
911TEL wrote:
Rr1 wrote:

Looks great ....

take a look ..

TBH , I think the ceramic coat looks great and you will not see any rain spots on it as the rain is off straightaway , no marks ...it’s easily the best bit of cash I have parted with since I bought my car ....The ceramic on the BB paint really enhances the colour ....

Don’t think twice just go for it , you will not be disappointed if you are already thinking about it ....I think 850 is a decent price .....I paid more than that for mine but I had a full correction carried out prior to the ceramic ....I’d had it for 3 years before I had the time at home to get it done ,.......once done ,couldn’t be more satisfied .....

My ( Black 😎) BBS wheels are coated too , so easy to clean compared to before ...

Terry
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

911TEL
Barcelona

2011 Porsche 997 Turbo S

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James M-S wrote:
I paid £500 for 2 stage machine polish and gtechniq exo & csl. 2 years ago.

Garaged but Used daily (except when salt is on roads). Washed every week.

Still beads like crazy and has a really nice shine. Weekly wash very quick as dirt drops off.

It’s money well spent.

Not bulletproof though, you still need good was/dry technique as you can get micro swirls.

I agree , it’s ( even) more pleasurable cleaning those curves after ceramic coating though ....wash time is cut easily by half ...

Good wash with lamps wool mitt and rinse with filtered water and hardly need to touch the car nowadays ....
‘Kin amazing stuff’.......

Rr1
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All booked in for 3/12 for three days of paint correction and ceramic coating. I was recommended someone else about 50 mins away who said £600 using G-techniq stuff. Looking forward to it.

Last edited by Rr1 on Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hamster75
Silverstone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4S Cool

Rr1
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost 2 weeks into ownership and very happy with it. thought I had problems two days ago when in got in the car and the foot wells were soaked but turned out to be blocked drains around the battery....panic over

been stopped 4 times already by people wanting to comment how nice the car is......

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: