Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Triangle or Round Steering Wheel...

Milo72

Spa-Francorchamps
I have a triangle wheel on my car and thought the round airbag was the later model, but now I've seen older cars than mine with a round wheel.

Was it an option.. ????

What the deal on these wheels?

This is according to my 2007 model brochure:

The 911 Carrera and Targa 4 models have a three-spoke design (triangle), while the S and 4S variants have a three-spoke sports wheel (round). All models can also be equipped with an optional three-spoke multifunction steering wheel...

Sounds like you have the multifunction triangle wheel? Hope that helps?

Round is sound, much nicer IMO.

Round!

Attachments

• 279bbb32_d33b_4dbb_b54e_710717aa1e7b_247.jpeg
    279bbb32_d33b_4dbb_b54e_710717aa1e7b_247.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,317
MF 991 steering wheel. That is winning my friend :thumb:

I can see the appeal of the round version but I'm happy to keep the interior pretty stock so it's the MF triangle for me. To be honest I don't spend much time looking at the steering wheel when I'm driving....... :hand:

Round "sports wheel" was an option on the other 997's I believe so it would be stock.

But not an immense upgrade and you would need a new airbag. It is chunkier and possibly a smaller diameter?
I guess if you sold the old one on eBay you could claw back a good chunk of the cost.

Many people are upgrading to the round sport wheel from the late 997.2. I believe if you don't have tiptronic this is a simple upgrade and massively updates the interior - I don't know of many collectors or enthusiasts who wouldn't prefer this wheel when looking for a new car.. I have owned a 997.1 with the old round wheel and then moved to a 997.2 and upgraded to the sports wheel - somehow it takes a few years of the car age in my mind anyhow....
To move to the 991 wheel shown you need an aftermarket adaptor.
In all cases you need a new airbag.

Milo72 said:
I have a triangle wheel on my car and thought the round airbag was the later model, but now I've seen older cars than mine with a round wheel.

Was it an option.. ????

My 2007 Tiptronic has option XPA = Thick Rimmed Smooth Leather Sports Wheel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back