Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

And Still on the original IMS?

.....and they're American miles - twice as big as ours.

Wow thats pretty epic! Well played to that chap :worship:

I do like how their attitude to miles is so much better than ours.

They've no option, its 30 miles to the local boozer.

Mine's coming up to 171k, with all original internals.

Replaced the RMS earlier this year and had a look at the IMS whilst the box was out. Seal is long gone, but nothing visibly wrong, so left it alone.

Stotty said:
Mine's coming up to 171k, with all original internals.

Replaced the RMS earlier this year and had a look at the IMS whilst the box was out. Seal is long gone, but nothing visibly wrong, so left it alone.
:thumb:

I saw that on FB the other day, great stuff.

Interesting how the Americans worry less about putting miles on their 996s and also don't seem to mention bore score much.

There does however seem to be a whole industry based around IMSB snake oil replacements.

I'm only on a measly 131k with mine :nooo:

deMort said:
Strange as it may seem .. and obviously IMHO .. these cars Dont eat Ims bearings ... ***** can happen though .

Amen DeMort, that one sentence could probably sum up the whole IMSB issue.

Good going there. X51 engine 8)

We brits are so hung up on mileage ie 100k and it's going to blow up and it's worth nothing when chances are cars with 100k plus are used and have money spent on them to keep them in working order.

My 2 previous cars had in the region of 150k on when I bought them. 3 years later and I moved them on for virtually the same price.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back