Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car ramps (not hydraulic)

Donstanley

I would like to buy some car ramps the drive up sort, think I would prefer plastic rather than steel, but having trouble finding some wide enough to take rear tyre of 295mm

Any advice appreciated.

Plastic ramps... :dont know:

Ramps made out of plastic :?

Sorry, may be me being thick...but I haven't even had a beer yet :grin:

:thumb:

They have 3tn low rise plastic ramps on eBay for £28.

OH...those :wack:

I was thinking up in the air type :frustrated:

:grin:

I just drive mine up a boggo set of ramps I was given once, look a bit narrow but it hasn't crushed me to death yet.

Z288MD1.jpg

wasz said:
I just drive mine up a boggo set of ramps I was given once, look a bit narrow but it hasn't crushed me to death yet.

Z288MD1.jpg

If we don't hear from you for a while then we will know where you are :grin:

:thumb:

Ive got a set of the wide 2.5 tonne wide plastic ones from ebay and they work great. Just looked now and they are £40, think i paid about £60. Used them many timws on my range rover and the porsche now as well and they are wde enough for my wheels on both and sturdy too. Kep a jauck in place when going under just in case though as i would regardless if they are metal or plastic.

I bought a set of the 2 piece 67" Race Ramps over a year ago, thought they were expensive but thought there was no way the 911 would go up a anything else, it goes on forwards and backwards without anything catching.
Been really pleased with them the slope is so gradual they are really easy to drive on to and the end stop is very unlikely to be breached. Plus once on the ramp part can be removed for easier access. ( don't forget put them back before driving off!)
Did my exhaust clamp bolts on them so sort of paid for themselves at OPC rates.
Used them on my other car that wouldn't go on metal ramps so yeah, good buy.

Attachments

• 3ac870e6_4554_4612_8a41_d1de6cf062ae_896.jpeg
    3ac870e6_4554_4612_8a41_d1de6cf062ae_896.jpeg
    579.4 KB · Views: 231
  • df48cca6_99e5_4dee_b68d_6952971f1b32_193.jpeg
    df48cca6_99e5_4dee_b68d_6952971f1b32_193.jpeg
    616.7 KB · Views: 231
I've not been brave enough to use a set of those 'boggo' ramps, but I was idly planning to make a long set from some wide and thick planks of wood instead (as I need a pair of ramps to get the car into the car port from the other side).

I am almost finished making my own ramps. Taking longer than I thought but times hard to come by atm. I'm going with metal. 325mm wide. Making them in 3 pieces so they can be easily stored. A starter ramp for lowered cars, the main bit for the rise and then basically a cube for the wheel to sit on and the other 2 bits can be detached.
Call in to any small engineering place, tell them what you want and they'll knock it up for you.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back