Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 Brake Discs / Pads - OPC or Indie ? Thoughts.....

Clem Fandango

Long time lurker of the forum, now as of today finally a 911 owner. Previously had a couple of Boxster S now finally done it. Waited for ages for the right spec / price of car. Ended up with my perfect car : 991.1 S PDK 62 Plate, Black / Black, PSE (A must), Chrono, BOSE ,Sunroof (Bonus) , 32000 miles 2 former owners, just serviced at OPC.

Great 3 hour drive home and the step up from my 981 S is unreal.Upon looking at the recent service receipts the front and rear discs are down to 0.2mm and 0.1mm.

Pads are at 4mm so basically I am going to need front and rear discs and pads - marvellous.....

Do I go the Indie route at I guess half the cost or OPC? I will want a 111 point check and OPC Warranty in 89 days so just want to ensure will an indie use Porsche parts as I have to have the OPC warranty for my OCD.

What are the chances of the dealer contributing ? ...... Non OPC but sell lots of high end supercars. Down to me for not being thorough when in the showroom but tyres are all new just serviced and apart from this perfect.

Be good to get the thoughts of others, will post pics once its clean again tomorrow.

Thanks, Clem

In the first instance i would say contact the seller ..

After that just get an Indy to replace them useing Porsche parts .. and they Have to be Porsche parts for a 111 point check.

Labour at an indy is roughly half that of an OPC .

Gratz btw and welcome aboard :D

Thats my thoughts, will try the seller first as I have got a comprehensive 3 month warranty up until I go for the 111 point check. Hopefully they will make a contribution, lets see !

Otherwise get an Indy to use genuine Porsche parts and should be ok for the 111.

Thanks, CF

Personnely .. i would just drive it till the brake light comes on .. you might as well get full use out of the brakes :)

Reguards indy v OPC .. you can use an indy for anything as long as they use Porsche parts .. bar a service in reguards to a 111 point check .

Porsche dont check if something is new and who fitted it .. they are only interested in if its Porsche parts .

is the OPC the best place to buy genuine Porsche parts or is there somewhere else too?

the discs have to be 0.5mm over minimum thickness to pass an 111 for warranty purposes
(they have to be 1mm over min thickness to be sold from an OPC Showroom)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back