Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Argh Someone's shunted me with no insurance!

toddy2

Nurburgring
Thought I'd share my frustration this afternoon.

Somebody ran into the rear of me this afternoon whilst stationary at a junction.

Completely other parties fault, driver and passengers all get out, all foreign openly said not his car, did't have a licence nor Insurance! Great, called the local plod, after 20 minutes or so the driver drove off, plod eventually turned up over an hour later.

I had the other vehicle registration, plod didn't seem that concerned, saying little damage to mine suggest I contact my insurers - not the point I thought.

Ironically i was coming away from visiting the bodyshop to discuss having the seat backs painted (that's another topic whether to go satin or gloss black), but also looking at having the front bumper repainted and smoothed out to remove the number plate mounting.

Arghh..... now rear bumper needs painting

Attachments

• img_3339_127.jpg
    img_3339_127.jpg
    855.1 KB · Views: 3,688
  • img_3343_207.jpg
    img_3343_207.jpg
    542.8 KB · Views: 3,688
Worth a chat to your insurer mate as these insurers now have a pot for RTAs with uninsured drivers as theres so much of it around . At one point it was estimated that 20% of drivers in Southampton had no Insurance and if they had a serious accident they were on the next cheap flight back to Eastern Europe or the Middle East, Pakistan etc. :nooo:

I feel your pain mate.

I was rear ended (no innuendo please!) last week and am waiting to find out if my car is repairable or not.

Annoying but at least nobody was hurt

Attachments

• b83245c0_fc06_4d61_aa22_f7646a536031_647.jpeg
    b83245c0_fc06_4d61_aa22_f7646a536031_647.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 3,654
  • 5d1925df_e7fe_4e63_8781_f67bf646ba7a_695.jpeg
    5d1925df_e7fe_4e63_8781_f67bf646ba7a_695.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 3,654
  • e0fa09c5_7165_4622_94df_9bff04421cae_140.jpeg
    e0fa09c5_7165_4622_94df_9bff04421cae_140.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 3,654
Thanks Phil,
Think I'll just cover it myself with the other works. Had an accident a few years ago in a company car, again rear end shunt not my fault other party paid out, went to get Insurance 4 years later didn't declare it as I thought only driver fault accidents counted apparently not, and insurers do share the information.
Bloody frustrating though.

:frustrated:

Longp2 said:
I feel your pain mate.

I was rear ended (no innuendo please!) last week and am waiting to find out if my car is repairable or not.

Ouch, that's going to be a few quid
Sorry to hear that, it's the hassle factor too.
Hope it works out.

toddy2 said:
Longp2 said:
I feel your pain mate.

Sorry to hear that, it's the hassle factor too.
Hope it works out.

Thanks. Yes it is a hassle and the Insurance companies are having a field day!

toddy2 said:
Thanks Phil,
Think I'll just cover it myself with the other works. Had an accident a few years ago in a company car, again rear end shunt not my fault other party paid out, went to get Insurance 4 years later didn't declare it as I thought only driver fault accidents counted apparently not, and insurers do share the information.
Bloody frustrating though.

:frustrated:

I think I would do the same mate as it looks like its only paint no cracks :thumb: and probably cheaper than the load on the next ins if you claimed :thumb: I had a huge row with one insurer who wanted to load my premium due to a non fault accident , I just couldnt get my head round that one non fault means Fing not my fing fault I think is how I explained it to them :grin:

If the damage is minor I would just sort it yourself, no Insurance,
as so much as a mention to your insurers & they will raise your risk level even if not your fault, they will increase your premium because you have been involved in an accident that may or may not come back in the future.

Hamster75 said:
as so much as a mention to your insurers & they will raise your risk level even if not your fault, they will increase your premium because you have been involved in an accident that may or may not come back in the future.

:agree:

MC

MisterCorn said:
Hamster75 said:

MC

+1. Insurance cos are as a guideline cheating bandits. Time there was a govt enquiry, given that they abuse their position of compulsory Insurance.

Dad's Insurance co tried to load his premium after he was hit whilst stationary in a car park!

I love how the police are taking such a relaxed view given that multiple offences have been committed. I hope we can all expect similar leniency next time we make a minor speed indiscretion!

MisterCorn said:
Hamster75 said:

MC

Always tell your Insurance F all as they'll only use it against you in the future. Set of effing gangsters!

Hamster75 said:

Exactly this. Even if its not your fault you have now had an accident and according to Insurance companies you are now statistically more likely to have another one and so they will jack your premium up. Not sure why as when I last had someone pile into the back of me (they were doing 50mph and I was stationary), it made me so paranoid I drove around like a pensioner for months afterwards.

Thanks all for confirming my thoughts, for the sake of a couple of hundred quid I'll just sort myself, whilst getting other bits done :D

She'll be as good as new in no time

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back