Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

R8 V10 Manual what do we think

Jonathon555

Been having a search through the classifieds and noticed these cars are becoming cheaper, i am not really a lambo man so this might be an option.

I never sat in one, driven one so not sure what to expect with 520 bhp it should be quick. But not sure how quick . I have seen the v8's go on the road and they looked pretty unimpressive straight line.

Any opinions ?

Only know one person whose owned one and he spoke very highly of it. It's probably the rather tasty example currently at 911V. Can't see that hanging about for long.

R8

Personally I really struggle to lust after an R8's styling. I think they don't look that different from the latest TT with it's new wider grill. I was at Porsche centre in Edinburgh on Friday which is right next to Lambo. A Lambo is bedroom wall poster stuff compared to the Audi! Ofcourse that could be a reaon not to buy for a lot of people!

The only Lamborghini I ever wanted was a countach ... mmmm cannon ball run

Jonathon555 said:
The only Lamborghini I ever wanted was a countach ... mmmm cannon ball run

I'd have a Diablo as well as the above, or a TestaRossa :grin:

:thumb:

I've driven the V8 & V10 and cannot recommend the V8 but the V10 is well worth considering. To be honest I have been watching them and feel they represent good value at the moment.

Some cars just have no soul, Nissans, Fords, Vauxhall's, Renaults and of course Audi's :nooo:

IMHO the V8 drives and feels better than the 997.2 Carrera 4S; 997.2 Turbo is much quicker; however still not as good as the R8 for the sound and drama.

Most people (obviously not Porsche enthusiasts) compliment the R8.

Not so common for anyone to notice the turbo. I had a boxster with the same number plate and people (not Porsche enthusiasts) still think its the same car!

I personally love both cars, the underrated turbo with its monstrous performance is the best drivers car and the R8 due to the sound and the drama.

arifg said:
IMHO the V8 drives and feels better than the 997.2 Carrera 4S; 997.2 Turbo is much quicker; however still not as good as the R8 for the sound and drama.

Most people (obviously not Porsche enthusiasts) compliment the R8.

Not so common for anyone to notice the turbo. I had a boxster with the same number plate and people (not Porsche enthusiasts) still think its the same car!

I personally love both cars, the underrated turbo with its monstrous performance is the best drivers car and the R8 due to the sound and the drama.

I rather slagged Audi's there :grin: But for a super car Audi I'd still buy a Lamborghini :grin:

Not sure about lambo as I have crossed 40; will at some point upgrade to a McLaren. The turbo is a keeper.

they do sound nice but can it ever be special with a audi badge on adui driver have such a rep for being ***** would an R8 just say ***** with brass :dont know: :dont know:

Agree with the Audi badge stigma but it only matters if you care. I drive a BMW, Audi and a Porsche and they are all fantastic cars. I guess I just love good cars and for me driving enjoyment is above anything else

Everyone has there own opinions and likes dislikes, ive always had Golfs as runabouts, there's just something about them, perhaps harking back to the old school GTI's etc.
Then I swapped for an A3, a few weeks was enough, just so boring in comparison, sometimes about the perfect interior!
Similair with BMW's, my 3 series was brilliant, the X1 we have is amazing, but there are soulless, the Merc C class is in a different league, there's just something special, so many special design touches, the way it drives, I'm not sure but its just different....

Jonathon555 said:
Been having a search through the classifieds and noticed these cars are becoming cheaper, i am not really a lambo man so this might be an option.

I never sat in one, driven one so not sure what to expect with 520 bhp it should be quick. But not sure how quick . I have seen the v8's go on the road and they looked pretty unimpressive straight line.

Any opinions ?
A mate has an R8 GT. It's a very quick car, but they're also quite large and certainly feel it on B-roads. I like it, sounds great, and the V10 makes some amazing noises, right there behind your earholes. Funnily enough, it was the on/off part-throttle hisses and gulps that really stood out, almost as much as the full-chat V10 racket. He had a V8 before this and he's been very pleased with R8's in general.

Across the last 5 years, I've had a LP560-4 Gallardo which made way for a Huracan, i did various supercar events, Vmax and the alike... they were both awesome cars but you constantly worried were to park them and if your of the shy type don't buy one, The Gallardo was Orange and the Huracan Green.... I had 3 years across the 2 and moved to a Gen 2 Turbo that ES Motors did their magic on... This was an amazingingly capable car and tbh my favorite as an everyday car or weekend toy

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back