Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

987 Spoiler Button Fault Query?

Kiwi

Hi All, just thought I'd ask on behalf of Dad. He has a 987 Boxster where the manual spoiler button seems to have stopped working. Here is what we know:

1. The spoiler still works automatically
2. When you press the button it does not light up (or work)
3. The PASM button works fine (i.e. On and Off)
4. There is no fault displayed on the dash.

I'm guessing it might be a fault with the button itself... thoughts?

If so is it just a simple button replacement, or could it possible be something else?

Cheers

Hello Kiwi (was watching a tv show last night about the Kiwi, haha)

Odd that, I would guess (and it's a guess) that it's the switch, what about the other buttons on that strip, do they work? Possibly the cable is out at the back if not.

isysman said:
Hello Kiwi (was watching a tv show last night about the Kiwi, haha)

Odd that, I would guess (and it's a guess) that it's the switch, what about the other buttons on that strip, do they work? Possibly the cable is out at the back if not.

Thanks for your reply, yes every other button works fine.

If the spoiler deploys at speed then the system is working fine .. the problem will be the switch or associated wiring .. i will add possibly the rear control unit is faulty but thats the extreme option .

Pm me to remind me and ill see if i can dig out a wiring diagram tomorow night and see what can be checked ..

Bit too late for me atm as time for dinner :)

Found the issue, looks like the tracks on the PCB behind the button were dirty and a bit worn. Cleaned the tracks and now seems to be okay. If it persists we'll have to get a new PCB.

Attachments

• 357e733b_acef_4b30_81a9_696994d414d1_207.jpeg
    357e733b_acef_4b30_81a9_696994d414d1_207.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2,691

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back