Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 21
997 : 2004- 84
996 : 1997-2005 46
993 : 1993-1998 5
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 3
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 14
Cayman : 2005- 16
Cayenne : 2003- 7
Macan : 2014- 0
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zingari wrote:
Essential for 993 owners for when in the garage:

Reminds me who was the owner that was bored over winter and inflated the compacted spare wheel as he was amazed how it operated Dont know

Zingers, I have never seen a communal penis warmer before , good find Grin Grin Grin

mikeluke
Barcelona

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised
BMW M140i (Mrs L's)
VW Polo Match 1.2 (the lad's)

Former:
996 Turbo S Cabrio Manual
996 Turbo Coupe Tip
968 Cabrio Manual

GlenB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
Gents re the ACF quantity needed depends on how liberal you want to be with the application , you cant go wrong if you buy 2 get the undertays off and spray away if you have some left it can stay in the mancave until next time. avoid spraying the brakes

Thanks Phil i should have enough with what I ordered then Cool

mikeluke
Barcelona

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gummy Phlegm arrived and duly applied to rubber seals on Boxster

In a similar vein....

Any recommendations for cleaning up my wife's (exhaust) tips and protecting them for the winter? They need a bit of a clean and polish but I was wondering if you can apply any form of wax or sealant on them?

Thanks
BMW M140i (Mrs L's)
VW Polo Match 1.2 (the lad's)

Former:
996 Turbo S Cabrio Manual
996 Turbo Coupe Tip
968 Cabrio Manual

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeluke wrote:
Gummy Phlegm arrived and duly applied to rubber seals on Boxster

In a similar vein....

Any recommendations for cleaning up my wife's (exhaust) tips and protecting them for the winter? They need a bit of a clean and polish but I was wondering if you can apply any form of wax or sealant on them?

Thanks

I have not used it but this stuff looks like it cleands and then protects

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/p/-/-/-/-/?549770781&0&cc5_106&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7IKdoIqT3gIVzr3tCh2tHQ-JEAQYAiABEgJXffD_BwE

MaxA
Barcelona

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winter? You might want an ice scraper, a long handled snow brush, a (folding) snow shovel, some knee pads, jumper cables/jump start power pack, a travel blanket, some gravel in an old Pringles tin (believe me, this can be a godsend on ice...), a tow rope, as well as the hi-viz, warning triangle, torch, spare mobile phone etc.

Ghianightmare
Monza

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a room dehumidifier (container of silica gel) in mine for the winter - you can buy small ones in B&Q, homebase etc. for the last couple of years I used the onetime use versions, this year I upgraded to the type you can dry out in the microwave.

It just means there is no condensation on the inside on those very cold mornings - especially if it hasn’t been driven for a few days. Works a treat.

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxA wrote:
Winter? You might want an ice scraper, a long handled snow brush, a (folding) snow shovel, some knee pads, jumper cables/jump start power pack, a travel blanket, some gravel in an old Pringles tin (believe me, this can be a godsend on ice...), a tow rope, as well as the hi-viz, warning triangle, torch, spare mobile phone etc.

Bloody Hell Max , we dont all live 5 miles from the arctic mate Grin Grin Grin speaking of spare mobile phone those mini chargers that will jump the car and charge the phone etc are a good idea I keep mine in the glove box after it was pointed out to me that although in the frunk is a neat place how do you get to it if the battery goes flat Grin Grin mmmmmm good point I thought so its now in the glove box. Thumb

Max this is what you need Thumb Thumb

Last edited by Phil 997 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

porsche-carrera-gt-tank.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.87 KB
 Viewed:  294 Time(s)

porsche-carrera-gt-tank.jpg

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghianightmare wrote:
I put a room dehumidifier (container of silica gel) in mine for the winter - you can buy small ones in B&Q, homebase etc. for the last couple of years I used the onetime use versions, this year I upgraded to the type you can dry out in the microwave.

It just means there is no condensation on the inside on those very cold mornings - especially if it hasn’t been driven for a few days. Works a treat.

good tip mate never considered that Thumb Thumb

MaxA
Barcelona

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
MaxA wrote:

Bloody Hell Max , we dont all live 5 miles from the arctic mate Grin Grin Grin speaking of spare mobile phone those mini chargers that will jump the car and charge the phone etc are a good idea I keep mine in the glove box after it was pointed out to me that although in the frunk is a neat place how do you get to it if the battery goes flat Grin Grin mmmmmm good point I thought so its now in the glove box. Thumb

I know some of you live on the Costa Geriatrica, but some of the rest of you live in the wilds of Yorkshire and Scotland, where snow tends to fall.

I'd say that if you just take two things for winter, a decent snow brush (with ice scraper built in) is a must have, as well as a tow rope. If you do slide into a ditch, you'll need a rope to help get you out; many people might stop, but since nobody carries a rope, they'll not be able to get you back on the tarmac. At best they can commiserate, shrug their shoulders, or give you a lift to the pub. what

PS I wouldn't want a tracked vehicle from Russia, as some of my neighbours would inevitably take a pot shot at me, or throw a Molotov Cocktail.

Millsy71
Silverstone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxA wrote:

I took Max’s advice...and I looked a right Tw4t on the number 38 bus into town this morning Surprised

MaxA
Barcelona

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millsy71 wrote:
MaxA wrote:

I took Max’s advice...and I looked a right Tw4t on the number 38 bus into town this morning Surprised

Good one. I suppose I should have mentioned that you really need a nice Porsche branded bag to carry all your winter gear. Wink

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxA wrote:
Phil 997 wrote:
MaxA wrote:

I know some of you live on the Costa Geriatrica, but some of the rest of you live in the wilds of Yorkshire and Scotland, where snow tends to fall.

I'd say that if you just take two things for winter, a decent snow brush (with ice scraper built in) is a must have, as well as a tow rope. If you do slide into a ditch, you'll need a rope to help get you out; many people might stop, but since nobody carries a rope, they'll not be able to get you back on the tarmac. At best they can commiserate, shrug their shoulders, or give you a lift to the pub. what

PS I wouldn't want a tracked vehicle from Russia, as some of my neighbours would inevitably take a pot shot at me, or throw a Molotov Cocktail.

Costa Geriatica Floor Floor love it Floor Floor Floor Floor Floor

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxA wrote:
Millsy71 wrote:
MaxA wrote:

Good one. I suppose I should have mentioned that you really need a nice Porsche branded bag to carry all your winter gear. Wink

Floor Floor Floor Floor

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: