Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Regular 3 beeps

Chrali

Trainee
HI guys, has anyone any ideas why my CTTS has started giving a fairly regular 3 beeps when I'm driving? Its almost like the speed alert but mines not activated. When I accelerate to 65-70 I get the beeps,then it does it at random speeds less than that.

CTTS ?

Cayenne twin turbo ?

Are the beeps coming from the instrument cluster ?

Is it the same noise as when a seat belt is not pluged in and you drive off ?

If so its a poor buckle wiring connection.

Parking sensor faulty .. is it the park sensor noise ?

Loose front number plate can cause that although im not sure if it can at high speeds .

I think a fault code read out of every system is needed atm because there is nothing else i can really think of .

Yup its my old 2006 Cayenne Turbo S. Don't think its the cluster as the (aftermarket) stereo mutes for the beeps. Now you mention it one of rear sensors is throwing a code, but I guess that's not an issue going forward. I'll check the buckle sound next time I drive it.
Thanks

The aftermarket stereo had reset and had activated safety warnings, not just only for exceeding the speed limit, but for accident black spots and such, which is why the beeps weren't always speed related. I had already turned beep off on the stereo but these alerts override that. Oops!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back