Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Suspension refresh

Iansta

I have my work bonus due to be paid out for December and am looking at spending it on my 997.1S which has the passive sports suspension option.
I'm hoping for some advice on a number of things as per below.

1. Has anyone heard of spyder performance. Seen they supply a number of Porsche parts and was considering the following https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-...ith-Powerflex-Bushes-/332716289344?nav=SEARCH

I already have oem top mounts ready to go and having had powerflex bushes previously on an MX5 and loved them thought these were a good deal and a better bet than using powerflex on my original arms and would reduce costs as labour should be lower when you take into account removing the old bushes.

2. I already have 4 x new oem springs and wondering if I should stick with standard new oem dampers or go for something like A B6 instead. I definitely don't want to go any lower or reduce compliance and much as I would love ohlins road and track I can't justify at the moment.

3. Is there anything else you can think of that I might need as part of the refresh?

I think Spyder is the trading name for Porsche parts from Eporsch

Sure I read this in one of this months Porsche mags, possibly 911PW

Ruddy is correct:

You can see their registered addresses are the same:
https://www.companieslist.co.uk/10766675-spyder-performance-limited
https://www.companieslist.co.uk/05069335-eporsch-limited

www.spyderperformance.co.uk
www.eporsch.co.uk

I've no experience of the parts in question. I understand Eporsch now have a workshop for servicing & upgrades on the other side of Bisley. So they should also be able to give you a price for fitting all the bits too.

Design911 also offer a complete kit of suspension upgrade components including Ohlins. So it may also be worth reaching out to ask them if they can do a deal for the bits you need from the kit excluding the ohlins:

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod...s-Porsche-996-C2-amazing-results---Mat-Vlogs/

Whatever you decide, please do post back with a review

yes its Eporsch and they are just down the road from me in Bisley. Syder performance is the parts side of it trading on ebay.

seem like a good bunch and have been up there a few times.

good workshop, clean and they are knowledgeable people. loads of porsches in there for general work to full engine rebuilds.

well worth a try. I bought some of their coffin arms on my old 996 and worked a treat.

+1 for Spyder, Dean is a good guy to deal with and I bought a lot of suspension parts from him for my 996 this summer.

I decided to go with rubber bushes and the arms he supplied got the seal of approval from CG who fitted them.

I got the Ohlins from D911 as they were the cheapest I could find.

Thanks for the help, I've heard of Eporsch from the back of a mag I think so it seems like a good way to go for the suspension arms.
I have checked out the link for D911 and reminded me I need to think about arb drop links. I think having the oem sports suspension option means my arbs are already upgraded so just need new antend links.
I'm not the greatest fan of D911 after issues when ordering my RSS mounts and powerflex gear box mount a while ago.
On that note once they'd arrived fitting was easy and what a difference they both made. Gear shift so much crisper and the back end felt like it moved as one unit and meant I had lots more confidence pushing on down bumpy roads and particularly over cresting corners.
I'm hoping that a suspension refresh will take it even further along that road. I can't ever see me being able to afford a GT3 of any type at the moment and straight line performance is more than adequate for me so am concentrating on the chassis over time although a sports exhaust is tempting to go with my filter and air box mod.
Cup plates for my LSD can wait a little longer :D

Sorry to digress..How difficult were the gearbox mounts to upgrade/replace?
Is there an online guide?

Looking quickly mine has two. RSS Engine mounts are pricy and will have to wait :)

Hi Keen,

Gearbox mounts are very easy apparently if you can raise the car high enough. My Indy charged me £20 to fit them. Was supposed to be done with a service but was sent the wrong type despite confirming with the supplier they would fit so a second visit required.
If I had access to a lift would have changed myself and I'm useless. Would say no more difficult than new engine mounts.
Rennlist or pelican parts often have how to guides.

Thanks for the reply, I'll add that to my mod list. Yes, there are two models on eBay, I'll double check :)

One thing I would say is are you sure your car needs all those bits replaced? I was convinced my stock suspension & top mounts were all shot on my 100,000 car and took it to Centre Gravity fully expecting to have to get new shocks etc.

They tested them on their machine and said the stock shocks were still well within porsche tolerances and nothing wrong with them. A huge sigh of relief for me as I was expecting a hefty expense. They did identify some worn suspension arms etc, but said my top mounts were also fine. Replacing the worn parts and setting up to the type of roads I drive made a staggering difference.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back