Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My new baby 3.4 Carrera 2

Wh1t3Kn1ght

Well I just became a member of the 996 club!

She is in very good condition although there are a few of the "normal" jobs to complete. The jobs at the top of the list currently are replacing the exhaust silencers and replacing the studs and fittings for the exhaust manifold to cat flanges (am I mad to be thinking of attempting this myself - I've heard a lot of heat is required...).

Looks nice, good to see different colour. :thumb: I am sure someone on here rents out a jig to drill out snapped studs(probably will happen unfortunately). Be prepared for worst and be surprised when goes well :thumbs:
Hope it all works out, welcome loads of good advice on here. A great crowd :thumb:

Welcome to the 996 club. I'm not scared of the exhaust manifold to cat flange bolts. They are accessible and with patience, heat, and cutting gear you car remove them. It is the manifold to head bolts which I dread having to do. My plan is to only do them when an engine is out of a car.
With the rear bumper and heatshield off, which can also have corroded nuts, it is all easily accessible. Post up your progress, we all like a good work thread.

MC

Thanks Guys - yes it is the flange fittings luckily not the manifold to head (yet).

The colour is a Paint to Sample and is an old 993 colour called Veilchenblau (Violet).

Will definitely be posting up a work in progress update when I get to it, might even video it if I'm feeling brave!

Fabulous colour.

Looks lovely. Enjoy it!
8)

Hi and welcome. Nice looking car, interested to see the interior colour :thumb:

That colour is the nuts....👍👍👍

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back