Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alpine A110

jonno_

Spotted one of these recently - in a sort of BMW blue.
Looked different, if underwhelming.

Anyone driven it? Evo suggest it's the equal of a base 718.
Thoughts people?

It's viewed as a curate's egg :?

Different strokes for different folks

And remember that it is made in France....

Durability?

Reliability?

:?:

mikeluke said:
And remember that it is made in France....

Durability?

Reliability?

:?:

Already selling for nearer 60k and the orginal A110 is my favourite looking car ever so I won't be holding being French against it.

I was hoping they'd come down in value not go up, as I quite fancy one

It's also very different looking to everything else on the road...another plus to me.

If it's good enough for Gordon Murray to rave about and buy one, that's good enough for me.

https://drive-my.com/en/blogs/entry...eatures-that-made-the-originals-so-great.html

Clarkson raved about and bought a Ford GT....

That didn't end well!

:floor:

been in one, my mate sells them

quite nice, I could get one along to meet if people want a look

mikeluke said:
Clarkson raved about and bought a Ford GT....

That didn't end well!

:

I can't believe you are comparing Clarkson's taste and opinion with that of the designer of the MClaren F1 road car :floor:

Just read up on Clarkson's Ford GT, wow that sounded like a dog.

I could be tempted by one on the used market in a few years, auto only though which is the only bad thing personally. Don't see myself with an auto sports car until they're all electric and we have no choice

A neighbour has just bought one. I only had a brief look at it but it is very nicely finished, a really quality feel about it and the cabin is a very attractive place to be. More polished than a Lotus and 'apparently' better handling than the 4C, it certainly sounds good for a 4 cylinder and is quite practical. On the drive it looks well proportioned in a 'small and neat package' kind of way. Nice colour blue too.

There was a few at Blenheim Palace, look really nice

Now hear this - two of them were moved to behind some trees around the corner as there was water in both headlights

Not for me with that kind of issue in a new car !!! it was quite nice tho

They look nice enough, and the journalists love them, but to me, it looks like a £50k hot hatch.

Drove an A110 today and I found it quite a good car and feels German built rather than French. Its 1100kg with around 250 bhp so drags itself to 60 in 4.5 but it didn't feel any quicker than my 996.

It handled really well although its hard to gauge on a car you can't push to its limits, it was a firm but compliant ride and took speed bumps in its stride.

The sound is OK but its got the usual pop pop bang which I'm getting bored of hearing nowadays and would rather have an N/A sound. I would say it was a £40k car but the interior is a nice place so makes it a bit more special and maybe this is where the extra premium goes.
There is no real luggage space and if you wanted to take it to a trackday you'd have to put your helmet on the passengers seat as there is no where else to put it.

I've not driven the turbo Cayman yet so I can't compare it but I would put it on par with previous generation Cayman's.

They are selling at list or above and there is a 12 month wait for new cars.

The black one I drove at the Solihull Centre which will be for sale soon along with a white one there too.

45399453092_17c356d11d_c.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back