Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 alarm issues

NLW73

Just got a 2005 c2s

Alarm keeps going off at night. Any ideas?

It's not windy
Nothing left in there like a phone
Glove box is closer as are the side bins

Drove it today so it's not been sat around either

Any ideas welcome.

:?:

Tried plugging a Ctek charger into it :dont know:

May have one for sale if needed :grin:

:thumb:

Interior alarm motion sensor p/n: 997.618.210.01

When locking the car, double click the button, this will disable the interior alarm (check for a couple of days) if the alarm stops going off, then this is the part that will be faulty. It is located inside the centre console (near handbrake).

I bet I am right!!

Mine continued to play up on even on a trickle charger.

Solution so far was a new Alarm Siren module

For mine the part number is 1J0951605A and if you type it into eBay you can buy a new one that fits the Fabia cheaper than a Porsche part :)

Phil

There are several things that can cause it with the above comments being the main ones .

I would add .. make sure there are no coins or anything metalic in the center consol ash tray .. these reflect the signal from the interior sensor as its under there and trigger the alarm .

For me then i would use a tester and look for fault codes first .. then i would look at the list Saying what has triggered the alarm for the last 10 times .

We can see what triggered it and also what faults were there when it was locked ... its called Event memory and Activation memory .

I had a problem with the alarm going off at random times in my '07 Targa 4. Turned out to be a foil biscuit wrapper lodged up against the control unit under the passenger seat. Removed it and the alarm returned to normal and has been fine for the two years since.
Also check that the floor and carpet under the passenger seat are not damp; affects / knackers the control unit.

Thanks all

Nothing in the console but I did have some chewing gum in wrapper in the gap under the centre console

It has foil on it so am guessing that was reflecting sth and confusing the sensor.

Two nights of sleep not disturbed

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back