Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Gen 2 PCM 2009 - Music Stream

DJP997

Trainee
Good morning,

I have this week swapped my Gen1 turbo for a Gen2 and have a query on the PCM which i'm hoping someone can help with.

I've been able to sync the PCM with my phone for calls, etc.

I would like to stream music from deezer on my iphone 5s. Could anyone kindly confirm if this lightning connector is the only thing i need to get this working ??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291503683589

Thanks!

Best option I've found is the bovee 1000 bluetooth dongle.

Plug that straight into the PCM3 ipod cable and pair your phone up that way.

I only stream my itunes or podcasts to it but I assume deezer will work the same :thumb:

BTW, I bought one of those lightning convertors also and whilst it does work the connect the phone, I couldnt fit that and the phone under the armrest lid properly so went for the bovee :)

Thank you very much chaps :thumbs:

Glad i asked now!

Make sure you have the porsche Y cable if not its under £30 from the OPC then as the others have said connect the Y cable to a bovee1000 and you will be good to go with bluetooth streaming music from your phone to the PCM :thumb: :thumb:

I just bought a cable / adaptor from Apple to stream Spotify from my iPhone so if you have the audio interface I can't see why you would need more than that. It's essentially the same as the adaptor you've linked to but it has a cable "middle" part which allows it to fit in the arm rest

Part code is MD824ZM/A

Gizmo750 said:
I just bought a cable / adaptor from Apple to stream Spotify from my iPhone so if you have the audio interface I can't see why you would need more than that. It's essentially the same as the adaptor you've linked to but it has a cable "middle" part which allows it to fit in the arm rest

Part code is MD824ZM/A

IIRC the iPod connector on the Audio interface in the 997.2 does NOT provide the correct number DC (5V?) power for the iPod ( or Bovee Bluetooth adaptor or whatever) which is why you need the Porsche Y cable. The USB part of the adapter cable provides the DC. I use a small 2 port USB adaptor and use one port for a USB stick for a heap of songs

Firstly, thanks to all for taking the time to help me out.

Unfortunately, I am less clear on what is needed than at the start :lol:

Here is a pic of all that I have currently.... could anyone confirm please what i need to be able to stream music from my Iphone 6s ?

Is what I have plugged in, the 'Y cable' ??

Ok, you seem to already have the y cable, the usb cable on the Y cable needs to be plugged into the usb socket, all you then need is a Bovee 1000 30pin device, that's is and stream until your heart is content.

c4kum said:
Ok, you seem to already have the y cable, the usb cable on the Y cable needs to be plugged into the usb socket, all you then need is a Bovee 1000 30pin device, that's is and stream until your heart is content.

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :agree: :thumb: stream bluetooth , theres other ways to do it that will mean pluging the phone in every time for a hard wire link, but the Bovee is a tested way to bluetooth. Theres also an option from Visio as I am sure there will be others but we know the Bovee works and also interfaces giving you album title etc on the PCM which other options may not do. :thumb:

Thanks Phil / C4kum

:thumbs:

I will order the Bovee since it's tried & tested.

Get the Bovee.as the rest of the guys say say - if not you need to plug the phone in and put it somewhere - if the lightning cable/adaptor works - don't know anybody using it.

The y cable is needed so you connect the usb part to the car usb- Apple changed the power connections and this workaround was needed to power any device.

With the Bovee I haven't had an issue in 2 years... When an iPhone is connected you get full menu access as if it was directly connected- great bit of kit.

systech1 said:
Gizmo750 said:

Part code is MD824ZM/A

IIRC the iPod connector on the Audio interface in the 997.2 does NOT provide the correct number DC (5V?) power for the iPod ( or Bovee Bluetooth adaptor or whatever) which is why you need the Porsche Y cable. The USB part of the adapter cable provides the DC. I use a small 2 port USB adaptor and use one port for a USB stick for a heap of songs

Hi mate

Can you elaborate on the 2 port splitter, I want to keep the iPhone charged (USB to lightning cable) and also what format do you have the USB stick in to read music to the PCM3 module? FAT32?

Cheers

I have the Apple 30pin to lightening cable, it does charge the phone when used with the y-cable. (You have to have phone on passenger seat)

I don't use it though.

My set-up is:
y-cable attached to bovee
USB splitter plugged into USB port in armrest.
USB end of y-cable plugged into one of the ports of the USB splitter. (To power the bovee)
USB thumb drive full of music plugged into the other port of the USB splitter.

I can stream to bovee using iPod or aux as the source.
Waze audio alerts come over the music (music vol just reduces slightly)

I use yosh magnetic air vent clips (2) to hold my iPhone as I use Waze for satnav. (£8 from amazon, bargain)

The only downside is I need a cable going up to the air vents to charge the phone if I'm using the nav for long periods. (Currently use cig lighter charger) Improvement would be a 3-way USB splitter in and run a concealed longer lightening cable up to the vents somehow.

I can't get tracklisting displayed on my PCM when using bovee or Apple cable, think that must be because I have the original pcm software version.

Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back