Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2 year servicing

NLW73

Albert Park
just wondering how many of you stick to this or would drop the oil after a year?

what oil would you use in a 997.1 3.8s? stick to mobil one 0440?

or use a 5w40 or 5w50 in a car with more mileage on it?

thanks

I change oil every 10k miles, which is approx every 14months for me.

I would go with thicker oil if you're over 60k miles. (Plan on making the switch myself next time). Millers nanodrive is what everyone recommends.

:thumb:

I change oil annually regardless of miles and service intervals, using Mobil 1 0w40 as that is what the OPC put in when it does go for service.

Every year, and Millers Nanodrive, I have 74k miles now, so not 0w40

Perfect thanks. 10k sounds about right to me and do it when you get to that

So the millers stuff is what 5w50 or 10w 60?

NLW73 said:
just wondering how many of you stick to this or would drop the oil after a year?

what oil would you use in a 997.1 3.8s? stick to mobil one 0440?

or use a 5w40 or 5w50 in a car with more mileage on it?

thanks

How many miles do you have on the clock?

I have the same model and engine as you. At 50k miles I was using about half a litre of oil every 1k miles, which is well within the normal range. I changed from Mobil 1 0w40 and now use Millers 5w40 with an oil and filters (minor) service every year regardless of mileage.

I'm now due a Major service (showing 64k miles) and will continue with Millers 5w40. It works for my car and have had no problems with excessive oil usage. As the engine wears some more (say 100k miles) I may go to a thicker oil (10w40).

I do a minor/minor/major service yearly cycle so effectively gets an oil change every year and a major every 3 years (instead of 4 years) supplemented by brake fluid every 2 years and anything else such as spark plugs or polybelt when scheduled. But I only do 2 to 3k miles per year, however I think it is always worth an annual inspection just to pick any issues or potential issues

Annually for me.

Brookspeed have recommended to use 10w40 in older cars.

Mileage just ticked over 69k last week.

I've been wondering about this recently, I use my car daily and cover about 4-500 miles a week in it, it's currently on 53k miles, I was thinking of changing the oil pretty regularly, like every 6-8k miles?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back