Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S

stucart

Getting the urge for a convertible and quite like the looks of these and the sound of the V6 380 bop version.
Obviously need a drive of one.
Anyone had any experience's

We had a look at one before buying the Boxster - view was:

Look and sound great
Feels like a BIG car - it isn't much bigger than the Boxster but it feels like it is - That is one LOOOONNNGGG bonnet to look over

Not as much usable space as the Boxster - that frunk space is full of engine!

Cabin was pretty nice - slightly odd curvy bit of trim between the two seats but otherwise a fine place to be

Reviews generally come down in favour of the Boxster but most agree that the Jag is a lovely car too - probably splitting hairs and comes down to personal preference

Long bonnets are a pain in the backside.
I find it difficult pulling out from a narrow road as I have to put the front a foot into the oncoming traffic so I can see down the road.

feynlab.jpg

Thanks for the replies, I do need to get a test drive get this idea out my mind.
Someone must have an experience of one, get in touch if you have.
Cheers Stu.

I have had mine for a year, but not used it that much. Sports seats are very good, looks amazing Suspension is good even with 20" rims, smaller rims are a bit more compliant. Pretty fast in normal mode but a lot faster in dynamic. Dynamic allows you to alter a few things like suspension setting etc, but I find its better leaving it in default settings. Start up is pure theatre. From cold it explodes, but if you instantly select reverse or drive it quietens down immediately. (keeps the neighbours happy). Starting when hot is even more dramatic, its like a loud misfire as it erupts & that's with the exhaust valves closed. Mine has black pack, everything black. wheels, air vents etc. If you ned any specific info, let me know, happy to help. Few pics enclosed

Attachments

• zoom_jaguar_f_type_30_s_v6_convertible_46_li_2_159.jpg
    zoom_jaguar_f_type_30_s_v6_convertible_46_li_2_159.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9,704
  • zoom_jaguar_f_type_30_s_v6_convertible_1_183.jpg
    zoom_jaguar_f_type_30_s_v6_convertible_1_183.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 9,704
  • dscn0088_160.jpg
    dscn0088_160.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 9,704
  • zoom_jaguar_f_type_30_s_v6_convertible_li_2_758.jpg
    zoom_jaguar_f_type_30_s_v6_convertible_li_2_758.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9,704
Chicb that's stunning. Well done! I love the red seats. A lot of F types have the all black interior and it's a bit bland. Not that I'd say no mind. :wink:

There are maybe two or three (attainable one day) new cars in the last ten years that have made me think "Want!".

One is the V6 Exige and the other is the F type. They are stunning. I'm sure I'll scratch the itch one day.

I hope you enjoy one when you get a go Stu. :thumb:

chicb , you've made the itch worse :D . I love the Red seats not surprisingly given the 911's inside hue.
I might be onto you pick your brains when I think of something, trying arrange a Test drive at moment but my local Jag dealers are rubbish up to now don't seem interested.
Assume its not as important to buy from OJC (official Jag Centre) as they ain't as fickle as Porsche. not heard of any engine problems being obvious unlike the 997.

stucart, Its a pity you are so far away (I'm in sunny Scotland) or you could have had a drive of it. I am sure you will be impressed when you get a test drive. You can get an additional Jaguar warranty but with the mileage I do in mine its not worth it (think I have done 800 miles in a year as I have been pretty busy). You have to see if its worth it as unlike Porsche, they do not cover a lot of things. Servicing is every year, think I was about £550 last year, its due to get one in 2 weeks time, probably not worth it but it keeps the service book up to date. Often wonder on cars with next to no miles between services if they actually change the oil especially with no dipstick. They wouldn't do that :eek: :oops: No room to put anything in the cabin although plenty room for you & passenger & its a nice place to be, as for the boot you will get a packet of fags in but no room for your lighter :floor: Slight exaggeration Another couple of pics added. Hope the Porsche chappies are not too annoyed :roll:

Attachments

• zoom_jaguar_f_type_30_s_v6_convertible_8_445.jpg
    zoom_jaguar_f_type_30_s_v6_convertible_8_445.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 9,549
  • zoom_jaguar_f_type_30_s_v6_convertible_23_499.jpg
    zoom_jaguar_f_type_30_s_v6_convertible_23_499.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 9,549
Told you that the frunk was full of engine! Where would Mrs L have put her tennis kit???

She'd have to wear it in the Jaaaggg :D
Still trying to arrange a spin in one but dealers are being difficult somehow.
Emailed another and awaiting a reply, hopefully this weekend i'll be able achieve a go.

I do like the F-Type. I think my choice would be the V6 too - the V8's great, but it's just a bit too much really. I think the coupe is a stunning car.

There was a brand new delivery miles V8 at the shop where I had my 997 ceramic coated: it was a thing of immense beauty and a thing of incredible noise. It really had massive kerbside appeal. Although it was surprisingly large on the outside...

If I wasn't a Porsche fan, I'd certainly put it on my list ahead of a Maserati, or even an Aston Martin, and certainly ahead of the BMW 6 series or any other big, front engined coupe, just because it still looks like a drivers car.

Two of my friends and I hired 2 on the same day, a V6 and a V8 and I took along my 996 turbo for a day out in the Yorkshire Dales.

Both really nice to drive but we all came away saying that if we were to buy one we would go for the V6, allot more nimble and not that much different on the speed side of things.

Attachments

• f_type_142.jpg
    f_type_142.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 9,417

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back