Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 1
991 : 2011- 17
997 : 2004- 80
996 : 1997-2005 32
993 : 1993-1998 4
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 3
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 0
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 25
Cayman : 2005- 16
Cayenne : 2003- 2
Macan : 2014- 4
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
911tom
Watkins Glen


Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 2034
Location: Buckinghamshire


PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: VMAX200 29th September 2018 Reply with quote

Anyone going?
_________________
996 Turbo - Link to my 3.8L turbo build thread
2011 Cayenne
718 Cayman GTS

350Bhp astra van for work, semi-retired from daily duties
2009 Ariel Atom 3 Supercharged SOLD but never forgotten
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Gorsh
Silverstone


Joined: 24 Oct 2015
Posts: 116
Location: Isle of Man

2015 Porsche Boxster 981

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't interest me to take part but might be OK to spectate. Straight line sprints don't excite me I'm afraid - my love of Porsche cars is how they drive on twisty roads (or tracks) rather than sprint times.
Anyone with a re-mapped TTS would find it useful though even as a one off to see how fast their car is.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
Kingb4
Nürburgring


Joined: 20 Jan 2018
Posts: 379
Location: Beds/Bucks


PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know how you get on Tom...... I am heading to RPM Technik on Saturday morning for their 'Saturday Surgery'.....
_________________
2002 996.2 C2 Cabriolet
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
HSC911
Long Beach


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 6569
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daughter's birthday on Saturday Birthday

Otherwise I'd be calling Shotgun Shooter

Hope you get 210+ Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Norfolk & Idea
Albert Park


Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Posts: 1555
Location: South Yorkshire


PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorsh wrote:
Wouldn't interest me to take part but might be OK to spectate. Straight line sprints don't excite me I'm afraid - my love of Porsche cars is how they drive on twisty roads (or tracks) rather than sprint times.
Anyone with a re-mapped TTS would find it useful though even as a one off to see how fast their car is.


I did a Vmax last September and agree partly to this. I was curious as to how my car would perform against some really proper fast cars after a visit to 9 Excellence. I wasn't disappointed. I was very pleased with my cars performance. We didn't go daft with the tune and I'm running ~600hp.

I too love the twisties (don't we all?). I definitely don't need any more poke to enjoy my car. Even now the torque will break away those 305 sectioned PS4S's if I'm too eager on the gas exiting a corner.

Vmax is a great event though and definitely worth a look. There were some amazing motors there to browse. Petrolhead heaven thumbsup
_________________
2012 997.2 Turbo Basalt Black. Bit of a 9E ing.
2008 Ducati 1098R (Track)
2016 Macan GTS
2019 Vito119 CDI Sport- Household Star!
2018 Ducati Panigale V4S (Track)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Gorsh
Silverstone


Joined: 24 Oct 2015
Posts: 116
Location: Isle of Man

2015 Porsche Boxster 981

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a look at the faq, no spectators Surprised

Where is it held - can't see that either?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
Norfolk & Idea
Albert Park


Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Posts: 1555
Location: South Yorkshire


PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorsh wrote:
Just had a look at the faq, no spectators Surprised

Where is it held - can't see that either?


Yeah, it's all fairly low key regarding spectators. There were spectators when I went. Mainly passengers who'd traveled in cars attending plus a few more.

When I did it it was at Bruntingthorpe but I think it's shifted to another airfield now.
_________________
2012 997.2 Turbo Basalt Black. Bit of a 9E ing.
2008 Ducati 1098R (Track)
2016 Macan GTS
2019 Vito119 CDI Sport- Household Star!
2018 Ducati Panigale V4S (Track)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
HSC911
Long Beach


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 6569
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorsh wrote:
no spectators Surprised


Sad
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Mezgerite
Monza


Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Posts: 184



PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norfolk & Idea wrote:
Gorsh wrote:
Wouldn't interest me to take part but might be OK to spectate. Straight line sprints don't excite me I'm afraid - my love of Porsche cars is how they drive on twisty roads (or tracks) rather than sprint times.
Anyone with a re-mapped TTS would find it useful though even as a one off to see how fast their car is.


I did a Vmax last September and agree partly to this. I was curious as to how my car would perform against some really proper fast cars after a visit to 9 Excellence. I wasn't disappointed. I was very pleased with my cars performance. We didn't go daft with the tune and I'm running ~600hp.

I too love the twisties (don't we all?). I definitely don't need any more poke to enjoy my car. Even now the torque will break away those 305 sectioned PS4S's if I'm too eager on the gas exiting a corner.

Vmax is a great event though and definitely worth a look. There were some amazing motors there to browse. Petrolhead heaven thumbsup


What speed did you run?

Not many Porsche's there yesterday.

I will let Tom spill his results Grin
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
911tom
Watkins Glen


Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 2034
Location: Buckinghamshire


PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 17 year old porka did good. 214.5mph on standard pump fuel with a bit of meth spray to help lower intake temps. We did not have time to tune for it and now I’m not sure it needs it. We could easily add more boost too. It will run out of gears at 225ish so there’s little point in doing it. My goal was to break the 200 barrier which was done last year but I had unfinished business. The car was driven to vmax and home with no issues. Both kids seats will go back in and it will resort back to family and life duties. The car is an absolute credit to both Matt at Fearnsport and Rick at Unicorn Motor Developmets. I am one happy boy and love my old 996 even more than I already did.
_________________
996 Turbo - Link to my 3.8L turbo build thread
2011 Cayenne
718 Cayman GTS

350Bhp astra van for work, semi-retired from daily duties
2009 Ariel Atom 3 Supercharged SOLD but never forgotten
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
HSC911
Long Beach


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 6569
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

911tom wrote:
..214.5mph...


Surprised

worship
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Norfolk & Idea
Albert Park


Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Posts: 1555
Location: South Yorkshire


PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mezgerite wrote:
Norfolk & Idea wrote:
Gorsh wrote:
Wouldn't interest me to take part but might be OK to spectate. Straight line sprints don't excite me I'm afraid - my love of Porsche cars is how they drive on twisty roads (or tracks) rather than sprint times.
Anyone with a re-mapped TTS would find it useful though even as a one off to see how fast their car is.


I did a Vmax last September and agree partly to this. I was curious as to how my car would perform against some really proper fast cars after a visit to 9 Excellence. I wasn't disappointed. I was very pleased with my cars performance. We didn't go daft with the tune and I'm running ~600hp.

I too love the twisties (don't we all?). I definitely don't need any more poke to enjoy my car. Even now the torque will break away those 305 sectioned PS4S's if I'm too eager on the gas exiting a corner.

Vmax is a great event though and definitely worth a look. There were some amazing motors there to browse. Petrolhead heaven thumbsup


What speed did you run?

Not many Porsche's there yesterday.

I will let Tom spill his results Grin


Last September:-

196mph. And still accelerating. But what I was more chuffed about was 3rd in the 0-60 (3.02) 3rd in the standing quarter mile (11.02) and 4th in the 0-100 (6.64)
Looks like there was a stronger field yesterday but there were some seriously quick cars there when I attended. When I rocked up I saw laptops hooked up and race fuel being added to GTR's.... But I smoked most of em with my 911 turbo on pump gas- no water or meth...
_________________
2012 997.2 Turbo Basalt Black. Bit of a 9E ing.
2008 Ducati 1098R (Track)
2016 Macan GTS
2019 Vito119 CDI Sport- Household Star!
2018 Ducati Panigale V4S (Track)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Norfolk & Idea
Albert Park


Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Posts: 1555
Location: South Yorkshire


PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

911tom wrote:
The 17 year old porka did good. 214.5mph on standard pump fuel with a bit of meth spray to help lower intake temps. We did not have time to tune for it and now I’m not sure it needs it. We could easily add more boost too. It will run out of gears at 225ish so there’s little point in doing it. My goal was to break the 200 barrier which was done last year but I had unfinished business. The car was driven to vmax and home with no issues. Both kids seats will go back in and it will resort back to family and life duties. The car is an absolute credit to both Matt at Fearnsport and Rick at Unicorn Motor Developmets. I am one happy boy and love my old 996 even more than I already did.


Ooooft! Bloody good going Sir thumbsup
_________________
2012 997.2 Turbo Basalt Black. Bit of a 9E ing.
2008 Ducati 1098R (Track)
2016 Macan GTS
2019 Vito119 CDI Sport- Household Star!
2018 Ducati Panigale V4S (Track)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
apollokre1d
Sepang


Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 2974
Location: United Kingdom


PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

911tom wrote:
The 17 year old porka did good. 214.5mph on standard pump fuel with a bit of meth spray to help lower intake temps. We did not have time to tune for it and now I’m not sure it needs it. We could easily add more boost too. It will run out of gears at 225ish so there’s little point in doing it. My goal was to break the 200 barrier which was done last year but I had unfinished business. The car was driven to vmax and home with no issues. Both kids seats will go back in and it will resort back to family and life duties. The car is an absolute credit to both Matt at Fearnsport and Rick at Unicorn Motor Developmets. I am one happy boy and love my old 996 even more than I already did.


Amazing effort Tom Smile

How is the surface there? Do you still need to tape up the front of your car to protect it?
_________________
Black 997 Turbo Manual
Black 997 C4S Manual - Sold
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Kingb4
Nürburgring


Joined: 20 Jan 2018
Posts: 379
Location: Beds/Bucks


PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Tom! That is seriously quick. Its amazing how versatile these cars are......
_________________
2002 996.2 C2 Cabriolet
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DynoMike
Albert Park


Joined: 25 May 2012
Posts: 1566
Location: The Cotswolds

2003 Porsche 996 Turbo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

911tom wrote:
The 17 year old porka did good. 214.5mph on standard pump fuel with a bit of meth spray to help lower intake temps. We did not have time to tune for it and now I’m not sure it needs it. We could easily add more boost too. It will run out of gears at 225ish so there’s little point in doing it. My goal was to break the 200 barrier which was done last year but I had unfinished business. The car was driven to vmax and home with no issues. Both kids seats will go back in and it will resort back to family and life duties. The car is an absolute credit to both Matt at Fearnsport and Rick at Unicorn Motor Developmets. I am one happy boy and love my old 996 even more than I already did.



That is fair motoring Tom Surprised

I couldn't agree more with your appraisal of both your guys too. Matt builds stout engines and clearly, Rick knows what he's at too. Thumb

I'm stoked for you mate!
_________________
2003 996 Turbo
Previous toy 1974 Mini 1000
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
ragpicker
Reims


Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Posts: 4024
Location: North East England


PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Surprised

That is proper quick Tom! Well done old bean!

As you say, its credit to the guys mentioned, but also to you for your dedication and patience with the build despite its tribulations. You're getting paid back in spades with the enjoyment its bringing now.

Dead chuffed for you pal

Thumb
_________________
996 turbo - FOR SALE, Price reduced: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=131025&highlight=
986 S - usually in pieces: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=112626
955 Cayenne Turbo - a work in progress: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=131286&highlight=
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
HSC911
Long Beach


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 6569
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragpicker wrote:
As you say, its credit to the guys mentioned, but also to you for your dedication and patience with the build despite its tribulations. You're getting paid back in spades with the enjoyment its bringing now.


Yeah, don't forget about us when you're on Strictly because you're now a YouTube star because of all the fame Grin

Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
911tom
Watkins Glen


Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 2034
Location: Buckinghamshire


PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you guys. I could not be happier with the car right now. It’s has exceeded my expectations. Jin I won’t forget you mate. When I make my millions YouTubing I’ll be on to you to buy a pair of carbon seats Very Happy
_________________
996 Turbo - Link to my 3.8L turbo build thread
2011 Cayenne
718 Cayman GTS

350Bhp astra van for work, semi-retired from daily duties
2009 Ariel Atom 3 Supercharged SOLD but never forgotten
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Desert Dragon
Nürburgring


Joined: 03 May 2017
Posts: 455



PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats very fast Tom well done.

Did you race against any of the more modern supercars like 720s or GT2 RS? Would you do the new VMAX venue again? I hear Bruntingthorpe much better?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum