Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre console covering

Kbald

Monza
Hi is the centre console supposed to have a rubbery coatimg on it? Cant say i paid much attetion to them when looking for mine but its got a sort of almost ruberised covering which is starting to chip away on a few corners. I wondered if this was the factory finish or if its been treated with something.

Also whats the best thing to do to refinish them sand back and get some paint or plastidip type stuff? Thanks

Kbald said:
Hi is the centre console supposed to have a rubbery coatimg on it? Cant say i paid much attetion to them when looking for mine but its got a sort of almost ruberised covering which is starting to chip away on a few corners. I wondered if this was the factory finish or if its been treated with something.

Also whats the best thing to do to refinish them sand back and get some paint or plastidip type stuff? Thanks

yes mate they have a soft touch finish and 99% of them start to peel. options are get it painted body colour , this is acceptable as it was a cost option from the factory or get it recoated in soft touch the only place I have found that can do this is wicked coatings in poole dorset , they accept posted items.

heres a pic of mine painted bodycolour by wicked coatings as you can see from the pic I also did a few bits on the doors.

Attachments

• img_2647_104.jpg
    img_2647_104.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 2,225
Thanks that looks nice in the body colour and a lot less garish than some i have seen.

I will have a look at some paint options and give it a tidy up at some point i think. Although its not too bad it could be an easy way to freshen up the interior a little.

loved painted lower centre consoles and the way to go. if you have hard back seats get them done too

really lifts the interior especially if black or dark blue.

Anyone have an idea of cost to get the seatbacks painted? Mine are pale grey to match the interior and very scuffed / marked. Body colour (slate) would be much nicer.

Also anyone familiar with the process e.g. rubbing down, plastic primer etc?

Ian

NLW73 said:
loved painted lower centre consoles and the way to go. if you have hard back seats get them done too

really lifts the interior especially if black or dark blue.

agree the hard seat backs are great to do , I have yet to paint mine as I havent got spares so would need to remove mine and send them off to wicked coatings. :thumb:

Paynewright said:
Anyone have an idea of cost to get the seatbacks painted? Mine are pale grey to match the interior and very scuffed / marked. Body colour (slate) would be much nicer.

Also anyone familiar with the process e.g. rubbing down, plastic primer etc?

Ian

Ian, a few on here sent them to Wicked Coatings in a group buy last year

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=116174&highlight=group+buy

have a read of this old thread for ideas etc and guys to PM who did it for the prices my gut feeling if memory serves me right is it was around £250 for the pair but they can confirm. :thumb:

How hard wearing is the coating?

Does it mark easily?

I hit mine with the corner of my watch when reaching into the rear seats the other day - thought immediately that I'd have put a big scratch into it, but could not see one at all, so pleasantly surprised. If I had kids, or a dog that liked to go in the back I'd put PPF over the seat backs.

42538972301_9184d6dd0e_b.jpg

40903564395_e14c276966_b.jpg

(I do wonder whether black carpet would look better!)

Good to hear... no dogs, no kids, but I do put my fishing gear/golf clubs in it from time to time.

My seat backs are very badly scratched, but I don't have sports seats, so might have to get a 2nd hand set to replace them.

I was considering a wrap for the center console, the bit that surrounds the radio/AC & the air vent surrounds... just not sure whether to go body colour (arctic) or carbon... not sure if carbon will look right with a Metropole interior.

My seats arent hard backs so will stay as is unfortunately.

Im in the same boat colour scheme wise Stotty and am thinking with artic silver outside and metrepole blue inside i could get the centre console sprayed in graphite blue to be in between the two and that would look nice.

Hi, I have a car in similar colours with silver exterior and metropol interior. It has the centre console painted silver, and a few other parts, all factory options. I will take a few photos tomorrow so you get an few ideas.

Got mine done by my local painter mate in body colour. £300 the pair and I just supplied him the backs by themselves so no dismantling or reassembly included in that

Metropole with a few silver trim bits:

Attachments

• img_1072_136.jpg
    img_1072_136.jpg
    814.3 KB · Views: 1,770
Colour coded seat backs look awesome :thumb:

Mine needs seat backs and centre console Basalt Black to match exterior which I totally agree with others will lift the interior whilst once again - keeping it 'OE.'

Some say the 996 interior is bland but a few little subtle touches make a massive difference!

I actually think that some of the factory interior options and colour schemes look a bit OTT whereas Phil's interior enhancements and some of the other guys on here have just nailed it...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back