Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

M5 Expectation

Mini-Me

I'm picking up a low mileage M5 (f10) next week which is a car that I've really wanted for some time. I'm hoping it's going to live up to the hype. Would like to hear from those with a view or who've had one. Excited ! 😁

I test drove one when they first came out. To answer your question, expect it to be fast........really fast

I am big M car fan
Previously owned an M5 E39 and E46 cab, currently run an E46 M3 CSL. I really fancy a later M5. Would live to hear more thoughts.

MC

FZP said:
I test drove one when they first came out. To answer your question, expect it to be fast........really fast
Fast but not for you? I'm hoping it can scratch my M car itch.

MisterCorn said:
I am big M car fan
Previously owned an M5 E39 and E46 cab, currently run an E46 M3 CSL. I really fancy a later M5. Would live to hear more thoughts.

MC
Hopefully I can give you some feedback soon. :D

Mini-Me said:
FZP said:
In Aus they're silly money new so never really was an option approx £150k when all said and done. The dealer sent me to Eastern Creek raceway with Geoff Brabham on an M day where we got to drive all the Mcars. M3 was my favourite but I'd consider myself a track guy.
I'd quite happily have one here though. Mega car for the money in the used market right now

FZP said:
Mini-Me said:
FZP said:
In Aus they're silly money new so never really was an option approx £150k when all said and done. The dealer sent me to Eastern Creek raceway with Geoff Brabham on an M day where we got to drive all the Mcars. M3 was my favourite but I'd consider myself a track guy.
I'd quite happily have one here though. Mega car for the money in the used market right now
Thanks for your experience. I have seriously considered m3 and even more seriously m4 (New purchase) but have always been drawn back to the m5. I can't justify new m5 cost, although I'd love one. F10 is my ideal 'sleeper'. 😁 Is it a sleeper or not quite?

Yep, love a bit of M* car action.

I did a Vmax event last September and there were a couple of M5 F10 running. And they were bloody fast! Scalped a couple of RS6's no probs. That said, I don't know who was running what state (if any) of tune.

I know I had a great day. I was shocked how well my car did :thumbs:

Picked the car up this afternoon.
3 words, Fan Foofin Tastic!
Acceleration, ride, sound, handling, gear change, all very, very good.
HUD is very nice to have.
I think I'm going to keep this one.

:envy:

Is this in addition to the 911?

There's an LCI one near me that's been there for several weeks. The price keeps dropping.... very tempted to go for a look as our next family wagon but the wife wants an estate.

I'd be allowed to get rid of my Pork for it, but I'd don't think I'd enjoy it as much.

How is it in the twisties? Is it only rewarding in terms of straight line power?

:useless:

James M-S said:
:envy:

Is this in addition to the 911?

There's an LCI one near me that's been there for several weeks. The price keeps dropping.... very tempted to go for a look as our next family wagon but the wife wants an estate.

I'd be allowed to get rid of my Pork for it, but I'd don't think I'd enjoy it as much.

How is it in the twisties? Is it only rewarding in terms of straight line power?

:useless:
Yes, in addition to :thumb: I'm a lucky chap :D
I'm told that it handles brilliantly on the twisty stuff although not had a chance to try yet.
I'll report back.
Pictures to come at the weekend.
Thanks.

This car is a serious bit of kit. I luv it.
997 C2 S will remain my favourite, just, for now.
I think as I get used to the M5 it will appeal more and more.
It's obviously a heavy lump but so well controlled.

148f6v4.jpg

Here she is. Singapore grey. Rides really well on the 20" wheels.

:thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back