Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Strategy Worked! M140i in the Stable!

mikeluke

Mrs L really likes her BMW 1 Series - had two 120d's and now was the time to replace the current car.

Took her to see an M140i today and she went for it!!

"Will it pull away from the lights as well as my current car?" - Oh.. I think it will be OK....

Great bit of kit - drove really well and she signed the deal - have not broken it to her just yet that it has more BHP than the Boxster S!

Man maths in action!

A man after my own heart. :thumbs:

My missus remarked how nice the GT86 looked the first time she saw one and, as she didn't have a car of her own at the time, I was happy to support her in her choice.

Similarly when the family bus came up for renewal and the XF Jaguar was on the short list I was happy to go with the flow when she found one she liked. She wouldn't have cared what engine it had in it. The 5 litre petrol lump was just a bonus for the person who does 99% of the driving. :grin:

I have one as my daily drive and I love it .

My Mrs likes the 1 series too :thumbs:

As soon as the Volvo dies then i'll be M1 shopping too :grin:

:thumb:

Got even funnier today - driving eldest off to Uni. He pipes up from the back "I've been watching a video on the M140i - it goes a bit, doesn't it?!

Mrs L catches on to this....

"How many horsepower does it have?"
Err, um, I'm not sure - about 335 I think.... (me trying to sound vague...)

"How many does the Porsche have?"
Err, um, well, 315.....

"WHAT!???? My new car has more horsepower than the Porsche??"

BUSTED!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back