Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BMW 650i buying advice needed

Alex

My son is just in the process of purchasing a BMW 650i cab with standard auto box.

Anyone got any advice or pointers what to look for. It has full history and just over 100k on the clock.

Any help appreciated :)

That is a large lump in the front for a lad! Heck of a car

Mike

There's a good thread on Pistonheads discussing the 5 litre BMW V8, as fitted to the 7 series.

Seems that some have issues with valve stem seals.

I nearly bought 550 Touring and the Pistonheads threads were very informative.

I briefly looked into them 4/5 years ago and electrical issues were a concern.

...I ran a 630I which was a really wonderful thing with a lovely silky engine with plenty of poke...well equipped and very, very comfortable..just a great car and amazing value for money!

I would compare it to the 996 and just be staggered by either how over valued 911s are or how cheap the 6series are?!

Valve Stem Oil Seals are the main issue with these units. Parts are cheap but labour time is excessive.

The 650i is actually a 4.8 not a 5.0 and known as the N62B48. Google the engine designation and i'm sure there'll be plenty of info. :thumb:

C.

Few years back a mate bought a new one and has never lost as much money as in the month it took him to realise he hated it!

Still, depreciation mainly done, could be a bargain now.

It's a bargain alright........if it stacks up to be ok :lol:

Alex ,I have had 2 and both were very reliable , they have great spec although one didnt have HUD but thats not a great issue , the only thing that happened was the audio/nav packed up on one so I had to get it removed and sent away to one of the audio rebuild/repair places all sorted within a week.
a lot of car for the money mate as they have done most if not all the major depreciation now :thumb: :thumb:

:thumbs:

Off to go and get it this morning......if it's right!

Wish me luck :grin:

You're up early! Hope it's a good one.

Mike

Just on the M6 coning home.....in Jake's new car.

Y4zgySK.jpg

F4TlvdB.jpg

urhbxqC.jpg

GdQfiOR.jpg

Cracking looking car Alex and lower tax bracket too! Hope your lad enjoys it! 👍

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back