Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Number plate holes....

Milo72

Spa-Francorchamps
I took the front number plate off today as i'm replacing it with a shorter plate (yes it's legal because of the reg) and it looks like someone has previously used the front bumper as target practice.

Anyone got any experience of how to get this sorted without having a complete nose job at the body shop.

I fixed mine using a hot modelling iron, I pushed the warmed plastic back into the holes then I used a glue gun to fill the recess that was left, or you could use body filler but the glue looks better. You can then shape it with a very sharp blade. It won't be perfect but by the time you put the new plate on you will barely notice the marks, this does work best on Black cars!

Just make sure when you type 'bumper plugs' into Google you don't mis spell it!

Thanks for the advice Easternjets 😀

Just been quoted £250 to take the bumper off repaire it and give a complete respray... thought that was quite reasonable.

easternjets said:
Just make sure when you type 'bumper plugs' into Google you don't mis spell it!

:floor: :floor: :grin: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back