Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 engine mount recomendation

Nicoc4s

Trainee
Looking to replace my engine mounts on my 996 4s.
Which mounts would you guys recommend for street use and from where?
Shall i go for aftermarket from design91 or OEM PORSCHE

I went with the rennline tuneable ones from design 911. Really happy, big improvement, although mine were probably way past their best, and a slight increase in nvh but not too obtrusive at all

I fitted RSS engine mounts in my C4S and they really sharpen the car up.

Highly recommended.

Get the rs engine mount kit from Matt at type 911 in south London

£125 well spent and much cheaper than rss and does the same job

Transformed my c2 as the oem mounts were shot. Handles really well now and back feels really connected and planted

I fitted the 964rs type mounts also from Type911. They do the complete kit including washers and extra long bolts to fit the 996 C4s. Think it was £160 delivered. Best money I've spent so far. As said they make a big difference in handling and also gear change.

seconded. I was in the area and picked mine up and got a great deal for cash.

they are firmer than OEM but not as hard as say an RSS semi solid.

no extra NVH in the cabin but really sorts out the rear and handling and putting the power down. money well spent!!

here is the link:

https://type911shop.co.uk/epages/de...ca1-377e-432e-84fd-bdccf2206766/Products/8447

make sure you ask for 996 fitment and longer bolts

I bought standard mounts from rockauto.com

I think they were £60 each, and had Porsche logos and part numbers on them - genuine.

Figured Porsche spent a lot developing the car, the new ones made my engine hang higher and the car felt much more planted on acceleration and through the corners.

Don't forget to do the bush at the front end of the gear box that the whole lot hangs off too. If the rears are worn out the front one will be too.

I did mine while the gearbox was off, not sure you can get it in situ.

absolutely wasz new oem mounts are going to feel great too and transform the car.

i just wanted sth a bit more firmer and the 993 RS kit seemed to have great reviews so each to their own.

at the same time I changed the gearbox mount too as well as putting in the powerflex uprated insert to firm things up. the gear change is transformed as a result.

wasz said:
I bought standard mounts from rockauto.com

I think they were £60 each, and had Porsche logos and part numbers on them - genuine.

Figured Porsche spent a lot developing the car, the new ones made my engine hang higher and the car felt much more planted on acceleration and through the corners.

Don't forget to do the bush at the front end of the gear box that the whole lot hangs off too. If the rears are worn out the front one will be too.

I did mine while the gearbox was off, not sure you can get it in situ.

interesting that REIN has the Porsche stamp on it. Pelican parts list them as a OEM supplier, but there is nothing on thr REIN website to suggest that - so may Porsche don't allow it. I need a set and like you I want to stick with the original for the reason you pointed out, so I think I'll go with the Rein.

Thanks for this info Wasz :thumbs:

Same as wasz for me too.

I purchased Rein ones from Pelican parts when I was in Florida. £60 each.
Also like wasz I fitted a new standard gearbox bush when I had my box rebuilt last winter. £20.

I don't mess with certain things and I've driven cars with a few combinations and types of mounts. I want standard rubber bushings on a road car, simples.

And don't get me started on those bloody insert things. :grin:
Awful, just awful. :nooo:

I have to admit I wasn't taken to the gearbox insert when I had it done but Ive either gotten used to it or its "settled". tempted to take it out to see how much of a difference it makes now Im used to it.

I think most people would notice a big difference with std new engine mounts as you don't often replace until they are worn. Im torn which way to go as I don't like too much engine NVH so might just go the std route as well.

I was doing some further reading up on Rein Engine mounts that Pelican Parts sell. I have posted the link below, but the short story is that Corteco manufacturer the engine mounts for Porsche. REIN is not a manufacturer, it is a parts distributer and it buys the mounts from Corteco and puts them in a REIN box. The thread below is from 2013, so I am going to email Pelican to see if the part in the REIN box in 2018 is still the OEM part.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/760095-corteco-vs-rein-engine-mounts-from-pelican-parts-2.html

By the time you buy engine mounts and then your engine goes bang, you'll be into Rolls Royce Dawn money. Fact.

Don't do it people. Don't do it.

I got mine 3 years ago from rock auto, they were listed as "Beck Arnley", another distributer, here they are:

Porsche supplied engine mount £136.18:

NWb4YL7.jpg

Beck-Arnley part supplied by http://www.rockauto.co.uk/ in the USA £76.22 including delivery and import duty arrived in 5 days:

56aheZb.jpg

I can't tell the difference either.

HALF THE PRICE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back