Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne Turbo S 2006 - Engine heating up too quick

ct-s

Hey all, new here.

I have a 2006 (56) Cayenne Turbo S. On a cold startup, my engine heats up rapidly. Within 10 minutes with very little driving, the temp gauge gets up to 80 and with long drives. it goes to around 82.

Is this normal?

The coolant level is at max. I don't see any puddles underneath car either. Although I do see some oil residue on the left hand side front wheel arch, not sure if that is related.

I've got my car booked in for this Thursday to get it diagnosed.

Habe you checked your oil level? Also, do you habe an oil pressure gauge and if so, how long does it take for that to bottom out, i.e. settle at its lowest point on tickover?

10 minutes seems about right for water to get to 80.

alex yates said:
Habe you checked your oil level? Also, do you habe an oil pressure gauge and if so, how long does it take for that to bottom out, i.e. settle at its lowest point on tickover?

oil level is slightly below max and i'm not sure about the oil pressure gauge, haven't checked how quickly it bottoms out but after a 30 min or so drive, the reading stays below 1 and just above 0.

Usually about 15 minutes for oil pressure to level out. At thi point the engine is up to temp.

What you've already sais, car sounds fine to me.

These warm up quickly due to the 2 bloody great turbos bolted to em, mines the same :thumb:

Just got back from garage (HP Porsche, Essex), as you all mentioned the engine heating is normal and there's no problem. The garage were kind enough to confirm I have the aluminium coolant pipes as well.

They were very impressed with my clean example as well, good to know its been well looked after.

Happy days.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back