Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Flashing check engine light

jond58

Nurburgring
So had a day off thought what better way to waste time than a spirited drive round the Yorkshire dales!!! On the way back, sat on traffic and just as it moved off the cel flashed about four times. Car felt fine, no smoke, no misfire. Steady drive to the fuel station as it was low and a steadyish drive home from there all fine!! Connected a friends snap on solus to it but it doesn't have Porsche on the vehicle list (i assume the tight git didn't pay for that one!) but it can do an obd2 health check. Checked with that and no codes?!? Any ideas??

No Fault codes and i have nothing to go on really .. if i was you i would carry on as normal untill theres an actual problem.

No fault codes normally indicates a fuel pressure fault as the car cant monitor this but as above for now i feel untill theres a fault.

Yeah, if it had felt wrong like a misfire I would have stopped but it felt fine. It was low on fuel but no fuel light on. The cel was odd. The only way I could describe it was like an energy saving bulb?!? Sort of dim but blinking. Could it be battery related ?! The car has been in for some plastic film protection and they said it went flat so they put it on a trickle charge, I assumed they had left a door ajar or something

Its hard to say .. for now i would drive and monitor it as we tell customers ..

Basically us guys need a fault to be able to find a fault .. intermitant faults are the worst headache for us .. if its not there when we test the car we are not going to find it .

Battery faults would give you more than just this so im unconvinced there atm.

See how it goes for now and report back .

Edit .. Whoop .. my 5k post :D

Thanks for the help!! Congrats on the 5000 helpful ones you'll have done too!! I'll have a drive out tomorrow and see what occurs! Planned maintenance for winter includes all new coils, plugs and a fuel filter so I may address the 'fault' anyway before it returns!!

Well! Had a decent day out today again, it's back to the grind stone tomorrow unfortunately but anyway the car was faultless. General consensus been a bizarre anomaly and to keep an eye on stuff if it does develop anymore. Spoke to my Indy and much like demort he agreed that whilst it's mechanically spot on and there are no codes keep on driving and enjoying it!! If we have an update I'll put it on here so it may help someone else.

I have owned plenty of older vehicles including some alfas so I'm quite used to using sight, smell, sound and feel rather than just lights!!! At various points the Alfa's were probably overheating, blowing up, had no oil and no brakes according to the dashboard lights!!

You do get odd strange faults at times .. ive got a Cayenne in atm which im basically kicking out and saying monitor it as ive got nothing to go on and im Not going to throw parts at it .

Indys always give sensible advise as yours has done because we know dam well we will just spend your money on a guess .. not the best way forward .

It can be frustraiting for customers at times i know .. but we are not Gods or miricle workers .. we just do our best with the info we have .

Have a fault .. fix a fault .. if not .. wait till there is one :D

Couldn't agree more!! If you've a little Ford Fiesta you can play the parts lottery at not much cost but you don't want to be doing it with one of these really!! I love fitting new parts and shiny things but it can get expensive real quick!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back