Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911tom has ordered an new car :D

911tom

There has been a lot of talk on here recently for and against the 718. I have to confess, I have spent a fair bit of time in the 718 range. Other than the different engine noise. Which I completely agree is nothing like the flat 6 and never will be. It is a really sorted platform. The performance is very good out of the box and what 9e have got out of their test car so far has made it a car that will compete with a GT3 on track. So much so I have placed an order for a new GTS. Unfortunately change is inevitable and this is very much the air cooled vs water cooled debate all over again.

Now obviously the route I have taken with my 996 turbo is not something the majority would do but it suits me and my requirements. So actually for me a turbo charged mid engine cayman that could easily have 450hp with a map and a few minor bolt ons very much appeals to me. The older 981 N/A does not have the option for this and because of what I am used to in terms of power on tap it is just not enough. I appreciate this is an unpopular opinion and I am the minority but for me the new car works. I do however sincerely hope the next GT4 has a proper N/A engine again but it needs 400hp+ and 8k rpm+.

It's 12 years since I last purchased a new car and that was a 1.6l suzuki swift sport when I was 19. So I think part of my decision is that I fancy the experience of speccing a car and ordering to my specification. Now if I am doing something I try not to do things by half. So in ordering this car I started off with an S in mind. This quickly changed to a GTS. I did not want any regrets so ended up ticking a lot of boxes;

- Carmine Red

- Alcantara® Package GTS in conjunction with GTS interior package in Carmine Red

- Bi-Xenon main headlights in black including Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

- ParkAssist (rear)

- Electrically folding exterior mirrors

- Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)

- Sports suspension (-20 mm) with PASM

- Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)

- 20-inch Carrera S wheels

- GTS interior package

- Cruise control

- Automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor

- Light design package

- Heated multifunction steering wheel

- Sports Bucket Seats

- Two-zone automatic climate control

- Seat heating

- BOSE® surround sound-system

I should hopefully see it November / December and honestly can not wait
:D

Fantastic car you have ordered , what colour wheels?

:lol:

43810049804_0ce02db611_b.jpg

44477683812_920aa9345c_b.jpg

Love it 👌

Yup great choice and spec . Would be a amazing daily driver. Look forward to seeing it. Are you keeping the 996T? :thumbs:

Tom, , , totally awsome. CONGRATS, bet u cannot wait for delivery

Did you see the 9e development car on track,,,, it was seriously sorted

:worship:

Should have got it in Right Hand Drive though :oops:

:grin:

:congrats:

Please tell me you've still go the Atom though :thumb:

HSC911 said:
:worship:

Should have got it in Right Hand Drive though :oops:

:grin:

:congrats:

Please tell me you've still go the Atom though :thumb:

HAHA! You are not the first to point that out! Hopefully it is only on the render. Yes sadly the atom is gone. Its been a lot of fun owning such a car for just over two years and I am fairly sure I'll have another one at some point but it is the end of one chapter and the start of another.

mangobay said:
Yup great choice and spec . Would be a amazing daily driver. Look forward to seeing it. Are you keeping the 996T? :thumbs:

:D Thank you! The 996 is staying for now. Unless someone offered me the right money for it then I might sell :?: I will always need a 911 in my life though as much as I love the cayman platform it is not a 911.

FRP said:
Tom, , , totally awsome. CONGRATS, bet u cannot wait for delivery

Did you see the 9e development car on track,,,, it was seriously sorted

Of course and discussed it with Ken! The question is how long do I need to wait before I devalue it and void the warranty :roll:

Looks awesome Tom! Am very jealous.

be great to see it at one of the Sunday morning meets - you will be able to use full throttle (unlike your 911 beast!)

Did you go to Silverstone OPC?

Kingb4 said:
Looks awesome Tom! Am very jealous.

be great to see it at one of the Sunday morning meets - you will be able to use full throttle (unlike your 911 beast!)

Did you go to Silverstone OPC?

Yes ordered through Siverstone. Although I've been too busy to go over there so far all dealings have been over the phone and email.

We need to get another date in the diary for September before the winter hits. Have you got your car back together now?

It is a sensible choice Tom.

We will shortly be releasing a full package for the car which will include 9e performance pack including Kline full exhaust/downpipe system, brake upgrade which we have been testing on track extensively, and suspension package.

There will be a feature on the car in the next months against a GT3 for comparison.

For the money, these cars are a serious track weapon (remember the video from Spa was stock brakes, stock geo and suspension) for a significant price when compared to GT3. It already is quicker than GT4.

You need a 1000 miles before you bring it to me :grin:

We have close to 4000 development miles now on the car without a single issue.

Ken

I still haven't gone over there, not sure if there is much to see at the dealers?

Definitely up for a Sept meet! Car is back together - Only driven it once since, as we had a long summer holiday. Need to get the alignment done before I do any serious driving.

:congrats: Tom

If I let my :thewife: loose on the configurator she'd have spec'd most of that leaving me to add the GTS bit and PCCBs.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back