Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GOLD TURBO HOW MUCH £££££

pretty sure they were 160k when I saw the launch at goodwood FOS 2017 yet another flip for profit limited edition car :nooo:

Christ, you could by mine for £200k and have double the HP!!! Looks gorgous tho,,,a bit of a chancer i think? But who knows in these days....

FRP said:
Christ, you could by mine for £200k and have double the HP!!! Looks gorgous tho,,,a bit of a chancer i think? But who knows in these days....

:floor:

996 FTW

MC

They are nice in the flesh though :worship:

:thumb:

My wife likes me I the flesh. Or that is what she tells me sometimes ,,,,, mostly after a few drinks and after watching re runs of Last of the Simmer wine

Indeed they are beautiful in the flesh, and a lot of man-hours put into each one. There's some interesting vids on the production of these on youtube

43702169934_56ec66c280_h.jpg

They were a few quid shy of £187,000, lets face it they're not 'that' special. It's only the colour that really distinguishes them, the BHP has been upped a bit and they have a carbon roof and bonnet but other than that it's a Gold Turbo S. In fact the performance figures are virtually identical to the std S.

Like all these 'special' cars people buy them thinking they can sell them and pay off the mortgage, they won't.

TBH I hate the colour, you'd look like a member of the Qatari Royal family driving round Knights bridge!
On the same vein as this a club member got a drive of a GT 2 RS recently and said the steering was terrible, lacked any feel and feed back and he has driven dozens of 911's.

mmmm I think there are a lot more custom parts to them than that eg the bespoke carbon parts have gold thread interleaved, very very minute detail but bespoke on an already bespoke part.

Its like everything with luxury, exclusivity comes at a price and its a law of diminishing returns ie the cost of that little bit extra is exponentially more. This car is the perfect example and is a halo model of luxury just as the RS is the halo model of performance. It is what it is and a part of what makes the Porsche brand what it is.

There will always be those that don;t see the point but they are not the target audience and subjectively all porsches benefit from this type of halo marketing.

Maybe so but they ain't worth £350 k no matter how much 'bling' you put on them.
Interweaved with gold thread, give me a break!

If gold is not your thing then OPC Cardiff have a grey one for just under £290k.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back