Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo S - Mileage impacting value?

beejay993

Trainee
I'm keen to get some views on how mileage impacts the values of these cars. I have a 2011 GT Silver Turbo S, high spec in immacutale condition with 19,200 miles on the clock. I only use the car on sunny days and its basically a garage queen which spends more time getting detailed than driven - sad I know !

I was once told by a good indy Porsche dealer that anything under 20K miles for this age of car is classed as "desirable low mileage" and I just wonder if taking it over the 20K mark would have any major impact on value or would it be insignificant ?

I know some of the feedback may be that these cars are for driving etc, but due to overseas travel Im rarely in a postion to drive it on a regular basis, hence the question about keeping it as a "teenager" if there is such a thing

Welcome any thoughts
Bj

What are you thinking, selling it before the 20k ticks over or just looking at it for the next 20 years? :dont know:
Sounds like your mind is kind of made up.

beejay993 said:
I'm keen to get some views on how mileage impacts the values of these cars. I have a 2011 GT Silver Turbo S, high spec in immacutale condition with 19,200 miles on the clock. I only use the car on sunny days and its basically a garage queen which spends more time getting detailed than driven - sad I know !

I was once told by a good indy Porsche dealer that anything under 20K miles for this age of car is classed as "desirable low mileage" and I just wonder if taking it over the 20K mark would have any major impact on value or would it be insignificant ?

I know some of the feedback may be that these cars are for driving etc, but due to overseas travel Im rarely in a postion to drive it on a regular basis, hence the question about keeping it as a "teenager" if there is such a thing

Welcome any thoughts
Bj

As an expert in this field, you'll be ok creeping over the 20k mark. Be careful about going past 25 though :thumb:
Nothing wrong with polishing admiring and keeping miles down :thumbs:
Mileage has a huge impact on prices, as these cars age the low milers become rarer and even more desirable. Not driving them ( as long as they are stored correctly really isn't going. To harm them!) :grin:

Sell it and get a 993...along with some sandals and white socks :grin:

:thumb:

beejay993 said:

Welcome any thoughts
Bj

How long have you owned the car?

You are teen mileage at the moment, great and should be the best time ever, then in its twentys, well its a milestone step, its all down hill from then on.

TBH - I'd be more concerned its Silver than miles. :thumb:

beejay993 said:

Welcome any thoughts
Bj

My thoughts are we are put on this planet once, if I were to go tomorrow the last thing I would care about is less miles on my 911. Enjoy the car.

Boba fett said:
:floor:

Copped off with Liz Hurley last night. I didn't bang her- I wanted to preserve her for the next bloke.... and I saved £100!

Now go and enjoy your turbo. We're the lucky few. Life ain't a rehearsal...

Norfolk & Idea said:
Copped off with Liz Hurley last night. I didn't bang her- I wanted to preserve her for the next bloke.... and I saved £100!

Now go and enjoy your turbo. We're the lucky few. Life ain't a rehearsal...

Have you got her number even now £100 a bargain :floor:

Boba fett said:
You are teen mileage at the moment, great and should be the best time ever, then in its twentys, well its a milestone step, its all down hill from then on.

Real men drive GT Silver 911's :bandit:

Boba fett said:

I'd take a turbo S in GT silver anyday :worship: (White is better obviously ) :grin:

FZP said:
Boba fett said:

Real men drive GT Silver 911's :bandit:

You keep telling yourself that :thumb:

You lot are weird.

Its a car not a ***** garden gnome, why even buy it if you arent going to drive it?

I'm starting a new business selling full size replica 911 shells with seats and wheels but no engine or drive train. Then you can sit in it, clean it and look at it for quarter of the cost of a real one

Weirdos

:hand: :pc:

Don't worry about mileage. Just drive and enjoy the car.

Driving the car should offer far more enjoyment than a few pounds in the bank.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back