Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oxygen Sensor Size

OldTimer

Hi All,
New member here with my 1st problem with a 1998 C2

Engine was running a bit lumpy any my generic code reader indicates Bank 2 Oxygen sensor is open loop. Ordered a new pre-cat sensor but when I've come to replace it the old sensor nut is 21mm (same both sides)

My sensor socket is standard 22mm so don't want to use that and using an open ended 21mm spanner is a non-starter. Did some googling but I don't see any 21mm Sensor sockets available ???.

All write ups on this refer to 22mm sensors so not sure if I've got something non-standard on the car. Anyone had similar problem??

Lanbda sensors are a standard size as far as im aware and thats 22mm .

Could your lambda tool have opened out a bit and so not grip or can you actually get a 21 mm spanner to fit on the sensor ?

Im afraid all i use is the standard size lambda tools or cut the wires and use a breaker bar with a socket .

Yes a 21mm spanner fits on fine, and its not as if its rusted to a smaller size.

I suppose cutting the sensor body and getting a socket on may be the only way, but the clearance may be a problem for the breaker bar on the socket. Need to take a further look tomorrow.. :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back