Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche vs Aston Fuel consumption.

Les

6 weeks ago I took my 997.2PDK Cab to Rome and back (3,000 miles) and averaged 27mpg.

farrari.jpg

In 3 days time, I'm taking my 6.0l V12 Aston DB9 Volante and my daughter is driving my 2.7 Tiptronic 987 Boxter to the Italian GP and back.

Both cars will be driving the same roads at the same speeds, and both of them will have 2 people in them with full luggage.

I reckon the Boxster will do the same as the 911, as its smaller and lighter but does not have the 911's more efficient DFI engine and PDK, and the Aston's fuel bill will require a re-mortgage ;-).

Shall we all have a guess to the difference in fuel?

18 vs 30

Aston 22mpg
Porsche 36mpg

(Drive down only, not full trip)

Aston 24 mpg.
Porsche 28mpg.

Its a long run so the DB9 may be quite efficient like 24mpg lol, unlike the 14 to 18 mpg you get around the town . ate you running it on super or regular and are there differences between fuel quality in southern France and Italy. when we went to Germany to had a list of the shell stations enroute so we could keep it vmax

Depends what 'the same speed' is....

You could be into the teens with that V12

The Porsche will prove its eco warrior credentials against the gas gusler..

Aston 16
Boxster 28

Phil 997 said:
Its a long run so the DB9 may be quite efficient like 24mpg lol, unlike the 14 to 18 mpg you get around the town . ate you running it on super or regular and are there differences between fuel quality in southern France and Italy. when we went to Germany to had a list of the shell stations enroute so we could keep it vmax

I'm putting normal 95ron in it and on a long run doing 70mph I average 28mpg. Was thinking the same prob 24mpg at 130kph

Les said:
Phil 997 said:

I'm putting normal 95ron in it and on a long run doing 70mph I average 28mpg. Was thinking the same prob 24mpg at 130kph

yes I ran mine on regular 95ron was in the mid/high teens most of the time with combined driving. be good if you get 24 ave on a long reg speed run :thumb:

How are you going to measure the mpg? As car trip computers aren't the most reliable. There are several good iPhone apps.

The old fashioned way. Fill up before we go, then devide the total amount of miles over the fuel spent (keep the receipts).

Happy Birthday Les!!!!!

:birthday:

alex yates said:
Happy Birthday Les!!!!!

:birthday:

Thanks Alex,
Going to be busy for the next few days 😜

Attachments

• 57a256a8_ec11_4029_ba49_ecc5be118b68_184.jpeg
    57a256a8_ec11_4029_ba49_ecc5be118b68_184.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 7,942

New Threads