Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine mounts ?

emmbee

Whilst driving (slowly !) over a speed bump this morning, the car made a very odd noise from the rear end and on inspection the right side wheel arch appears to be sitting considerably lower than the left.

Is it possible that the engine mount has given up - my local indie can't look at it until Tuesday.......

Any advice very welcome.

Mark

Thats nothing to do with your engine mounts. Sounds like you've broke a rear suspension spring.

I am inclined to agree with Alex :thumb:

Actually I'm sure you're right, makes more sense than mounts.

Thanks for such a prompt response

Mark

alex yates said:
Thats nothing to do with your engine mounts. Sounds like you've broke a rear suspension spring.

Agree with Alex and Phil - and its a common thing to let go...

Fit as a pair :thumbs:

When one of my front ones went as I pulled out of the drive, It made quite a lout bang followed by a metallic tinkle of the broken piece hitting the road, I stepped out of the car and picked it up!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back