Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

E46 M3

Frenchmeister

Anyone gone from a 997 2S manual to a E46 M3, looking at a deal on a very sorted car, one of the last off the line and needs nothing really.
Has any one moved and regretted it ?
Car money is tied up in cars so need to sell something, M3 and cash my way obviously on the 997, mint 45k and wants nothing.
944 Turbo has to stay as it's a keeper, so not looking at a loan and taking on another hobby car on as I have 3 already.
Question is will I want another 911 and regret selling a sorted proper 911 for an M3 :?:
The guy that owns it has had some very desirable cars including 993's and GT3's plenty of disposable cash and his cars want for nothing, I could buy a cheaper one and keep the 997 but this one is right and wants for nothing.
In the last 20 ever produced.

Jimmy go and give your head a shake ffs :dont know: :thumb:

I would only consider it if it was black with a red interior.....
That is probably one of the nicest around, owned by a guy who is very particular about his cars. They are a lot of fun to drive.

MC

Ade, you been talking to Ruddy
:lol:
Mister corn, cosmos black with red interior !

Frenchmeister said:
Ade, you been talking to Ruddy
:lol:
Mister corn, cosmos black with red interior !

I know it is. I know Mark very well. :thumb:

MC

Ha ha , small world, you know the craic then, buggered if I know what to do ?

I have an E46 M3, similar last of line run out model. I really do love it, but as much as I love it, it is not a 911. Very different driving experience. It depends on how much cash you are freeing up I guess but there's a chance you will regret it. The itch gets scratched quite early on.

I have been studying the value of these a bit so if I can help at all drop me a pm!
cheers

kas750 said:
Jimmy go and give your head a shake ffs :dont know: :thumb:

Couldn't of said it better myself :floor:

I went from an E46 M3 to my 997. I had it for 8 years.

4 years on I still miss it, 3 of my close mates bought M3's because of mine and I'm buying another.

I have never 100% gelled with my 997, it's more of a GT car, it's a great car but not a drivers car like the M3.. I felt more involved with the M3, it's got a rawness to it, a bit of a yob! It was forgiving on the limit, there is never a bad word spoken about it, probably the best M3 and will be an all time classic, one of the greats.

I guarantee you will have more fun in the M3 on the road than the 997.

I have had 2, an M3 convertible an now an M3 CSL. The convertible was heavy and the body flexed but the drive was great with the distinctive exhaust note. The CSL is always an event to drive. I have known the M3 in question since before the current owner bought it, as I did the deal for him as it was for sale not far from me. I particularly like that it doesn't have the sat nav, it helps it to not look too dated inside. It has just had an inspection II which is the big one.

MC

Jimmy, dont scratch yer heed too much, you'll git splinters !

My neighbour bought a 2005 M3 SMG Convertible with 81k miles for £9,500 last week.

Never even sat in one but I really love the looks of these cars.

I'd personally want a manual coupe.

As a driving experience I'd say the C2S is on a completely different page to the e46 M3.

The e46 was right at the end of its lifecycle when the 997 came out, neither car was shy on production numbers either.

Without knowing the economics of it it's hard to advise but as things to drive the C2S wins all day long.

The e46 does come alive in CSL form and that's down to the weight reduction, I would adore one but SMG for me personally is hateful. My e46 track car was awesome but it needed everything doing and 200kg + removed before it woke up

But we all like a change so if the Porsche thing has been done then it's a great car to own for a bit.

Had and owned lots of E46 M3's and driven quite a few CSL's. We used to be able to say its the best value for money jack of all trades sports cars.

Its got to be for those boots now.

The CSL is a bit special and drives better than the some of its weight saving parts (the gearbox is still shocking though and spoils the car completely) as of whats left though in the M3 CS world, although OK, it is just a many flawed problematic machine, that drives old and is old. Still Looks good though :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back