Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

X50 option code

Gunscrossed

Spa-Francorchamps
I've been going through some of the history that came with my car (2002 996 Turbo).
I noticed that on some of the service receipts the model is listed as Turbo S, now I know it's not an 'S' being MY2002.
I did come across a "Vehicle Master Enquiry Print" from an OPC dated 2004 that appears to list all of the options fitted to my car, this list is a lot longer than that listed on the stickers under the frunk and in the service book (both still present and readable).
There are a couple of things listed on the stickers that aren't on the print out (and lots of things on the print out that are not on the stickers) but everything listed from both sources is on the car.
One of the options on the print out is "X50 - Performance Kit for Turbo"
My question, can the print out be trusted? Google suggests I should try to take a look at the intercoolers.
I will be applying for a COA soon and hopefully this will solve things once and for all?

Attachments

• img_3812_115.jpg
    img_3812_115.jpg
    689.1 KB · Views: 2,579
  • img_3812_115.jpg
    img_3812_115.jpg
  • img_3812_115.jpg
    img_3812_115.jpg
If you have an X50 then...

:congrats:

But there are alot of cars that 'think' that they are X50 but they are not :sad:

Fingers crossed for you :thumb:

HSC911 said:
If you have an X50 then...

:congrats:

But there are alot of cars that 'think' that they are X50 but they are not :sad:

Fingers crossed for you :thumb:

Cheers, need to do some more research. :thumb:

Put your hand up the intercooler air outlet at the rear corners of the car, if the fins on the intercooler are raised off the surface they are x50 ones, if they are flush they are not.

MC

Any OPC will confirm if you have the factory-fitted X50 option.
It ran larger (K24) turbos versus the stock K16's and larger intercoolers as well as a different ecu map.

The challenge might be that someone fiddled with the map or replaced the intercoolers with less expensive standard intercoolers in the belief that for road use at speed limits here, it wont make any difference.Such actions may make it difficult to confirm if its X50.

I am surprised if you're getting X50 on some papers but not in the bonnet sticker or the service book sticker (which is an identical copy of the bonnet sticker). I've not cone across such an anomaly.

cheshire911 said:
Any OPC will confirm if you have the factory-fitted X50 option.
It ran larger (K24) turbos versus the stock K16's and larger intercoolers as well as a different ecu map.

The challenge might be that someone fiddled with the map or replaced the intercoolers with less expensive standard intercoolers in the belief that for road use at speed limits here, it wont make any difference.Such actions may make it difficult to confirm if its X50.

I am surprised if you're getting X50 on some papers but not in the bonnet sticker or the service book sticker (which is an identical copy of the bonnet sticker). I've not cone across such an anomaly.

Google suggests I'm not the only one to have this, as I say there's a long list of options on the car, I'd say 75% aren't on the sticker.

MisterCorn said:
Put your hand up the intercooler air outlet at the rear corners of the car, if the fins on the intercooler are raised off the surface they are x50 ones, if they are flush they are not.

MC

Yes, fins are raised like the GT2 intercoolers :thumb:

That is a good sign. Nobody in their right mind would retrofit x50 intercooler.

MC

Agreed. Cant see anyone fitting the more expensive (GT2 RS?) intercoolers to a stock 996 Turbo.

cheshire911 said:
Agreed. Cant see anyone fitting the more expensive (GT2 RS?) intercoolers to a stock 996 Turbo.

They would fit those, they wouldn't fit x50 intercooler. If the ones on the car are x50 ones I would say there is a good chance they are original. I swapped my x50 ones out for GT2 RS ones years ago.

MC

My car is the same it's definitely an X50 I've gone to porsche and gotten print outs of the options the car came with but again it does not say X50 on the sticker under the bonnet as well as a few other options missing... Ran out of space maybe? Lol

Mine was an x50 and many sticker numbers are missing. I have kept the old turbos in storage etc. It's pretty clear to me you cannot rely 100% on the bonnet sticker as mine is both incomplete and too faded to read now. OPC can tell you

Not seen a vehicle master enquiry print before is this something you can ask your friendly opc for?

What are the 2 left most columns?

I guess if they're feeling really friendly you might get one but it's basically a certificate of production and they charge £65. for that (free if you're PCGB).

Not sure what the letters stand for but I presumed O = Option?

Attachments

• img_3973_148.jpg
    img_3973_148.jpg
    695.4 KB · Views: 2,152

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back